What bourbon did you purchase today? - Winter 2012/2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OWA 107 Single Barrel. Nice find for New Years Eve.

Hey Crowes, where did you find that one at, Happy New Year!

(3) 2012 PHC. Decided to go with these since BTAC is so dang expensive now in MI.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

(3) 2012 PHC. Decided to go with these since BTAC is so dang expensive now in MI.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Don't feel like you got the consolation bottles. That is some wonderful stuff.

It appears to be the leader in the clubhouse as far as our community voting goes.

You guys are just trying to make him feel better. Saz18, WLW, and Stagg are all >>>> PHC 2012. I wish it weren't true, there is plenty of PHC out there still but no BTAC.

I was in a store today and saw some EC12 on the bottom shelf. I don't normally look at prices of things I don't really plan to buy but looked at this one for some reason. $16.49. I took a bottle up to the register and asked the price. The girl tells me $16.49. Trying to do the right thing I told her I didn't think that price was right and that it was probably a bit low. She then tells me the system won't let them sell anything lower than cost and she felt pretty good the price was right.

So I picked up a bottle of EC12 today. Wasn't planning on that but couldn't say no. I did leave 4 behind for the next guy to enjoy.

Yesterday I picked up a Thomas H. Handy 132.4 at the state price. A rare find around here.

They were holding this for someone else who didn't pick it up. Unfortunately the did not have any other BTAC or VW bottles.

You guys are just trying to make him feel better. Saz18, WLW, and Stagg are all >>>> PHC 2012. I wish it weren't true, there is plenty of PHC out there still but no BTAC.

BTAC gets press so it has the noob recognition factor on the shelf.

Don't fall in to the scarcity=quality fallacy on annual releases.

Good point, also, annual releases are just that, every year, so the line will roll around again.

I bought two PHCs, at a price slightly higher than I could get BTAC for. I only bought 2/5 BTACs. I think that with these bottles it's really a matter of personal taste but for me it wasn't even a contest this year. PHC was better.

Two more bottles of Rare Breed for the weekend's NFL playoff games, per the request of a few friends. Who wouldn't oblige?

Decided to treat myself for the new year and pick up a couple of local dusties. I mean check out the crust on that Hirsch 22! Let's hear it for western Mass!

post-9252-14489818517484_thumb.jpg

It seems I inadvertently started a run on Hirsch 22 with my recent review - all of a sudden, everyone is hunting it. I better get busy bunkering some rye...

Edited by LostBottle

Mere coincidence, I'm afraid. I'm sure it was a nice review but I have been contemplating that bottle for months now. Kinda hard to have a run on a product that was released so long ago and is so rare. At least around these parts.

It seems I inadvertently started a run on Hirsch 22 with my recent review - all of a sudden, everyone is hunting it. I better get busy bunkering some rye...

you are guilty as charged!

Picked up a bottle of CEHT Small Batch. Why not since I liked the first three releases and at half the price.

I have been without internet for the past week while I moved to OKC for work for the next 6 months. So far, I've picked up EC18 for $37, EWSB 2002 for $21, Weller 12 for $23, and finally found a palatable rye in Rittenhouse BiB for $17. I like these prices down here.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!