So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

13 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Kicked back pool side enjoying the sounds of a spring evening in Florida.  A three finger pour of cult whiskey in my glass and a Perdomo Habano (Connecticut) perfectly harmonizing...

P-Daddy you just keep harmonizing, my man! :D

I enjoyed a couple of those Perdomo Habano Conns over the weekend.  New to my local shop. Felt a little soft, but burn, draw , and everything else really worked.  Gave one to my hard to  please brother, and he really liked it, too.  

18 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

P-Daddy you just keep harmonizing, my man! :D

I enjoyed a couple of those Perdomo Habano Conns over the weekend.  New to my local shop. Felt a little soft, but burn, draw , and everything else really worked.  Gave one to my hard to  please brother, and he really liked it, too.  

Joe, these have really become a easy go to for me.  Economical, full flavored and always a good draw/burn.  I'm working on a Perdomo Vintage 12 with a good pour right now, 'cause a mans gotta prepare himself when there's some grillen' to do! :D

A nice Padron 64 on Joe's patio yesterday. If I can get the damn pollen off my patio today then I may do that again today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tonight I'm finishing up the last of a Camacho sampler I bought from Harrisburg Beer & Cigar. It had the following:

1- Connecticut Robusto

2- Connecticut Toro

2- Criollo Toro

1- Ecuador Torpedo

1- Corojo Robusto

1- Corojo Toro

1- Corojo Maduro Toro

1- Triple Maduro Robusto

I usually prefer bold and spicy cigars, but it was the two milder offerings-- the Connecticut and the Criollo-- that have impressed me the most, in terms of flavor and complexity. The Connecticuts balanced creamy notes with spicy notes very admirably, while the Criollo provided a Medium body that had a spicy character with a Citron-like zestiness in the finish that I wasn't expecting.

Tonight I am smoking the last two-- the Corojo Robusto and Triple Maduro Robusto.

I typically pair sweeter spirits with spicier Criollo/Habano/Corojo cigars (think Zaya Rum, for example) and spicier spirits with sweeter Maduro cigars (Wigle Rye, for example). So, I pulled out a Bourbon I figured would be a nice "middle ground"-- Old Forester 1870. I'm not sure what the mash bill on that one looks like, but it tastes like a "low rye" mash-- just enough spiciness to keep things interesting, but combined with a sweet, slightly-buttery foundation.

So far, both a good smoke and a good drink. I might switch to a smaller pour of Henry McKenna Single Barrel (now FINALLY available in PA) in the middle of the Triple Maduro, but I haven't decided yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Topping off a great, great, last 7 days with a pour of ORVW 15 and an AF Don Carlos Presidente.  

Enjoying an absolutely beautiful evening in northern Illinois with a Perdomo Reserve La Tradicion Cabinet Series P along with (gasp :o) an 80 proofer! FRYL

Hey guys. I'm slightly new to the cigar board but not to bourbon nor cigars. I really like just about all the Rocky Patel stuff 1990,92, 2000 and sun grown Maduros. I also like Drew Estates Undercrowns and others but am struggling to match good bourbons with these. 

Any suggestions for the above or even other sticks to pair with bourbons?  I usually don't spend more than $60 on a bottle 

My palate is not that sophisticated. I believe any good cigar pairs with any good bourbon.

11 hours ago, fricky said:

My palate is not that sophisticated. I believe any good cigar pairs with any good bourbon.

I think you're selling yourself short, Doug.

Just finished an Oliva Saison tonight along with some Jefferson's 10yr Rye

I had a Gurkha tonight that was good withEHT SmB  but I couldn't keep the damn thing lit for nothing 

RyJ coronitas en cedro cc. Nice little cc, everyday mild smoke.

ryj.jpg

smoked several Cohiba Siglo III's last week while at the beach for vacation - mainly on the golf course

EL Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme from 2008 and 2014 Bolivar Belicoso Finos

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

Edited by Tennessee Dave
add another photo and description

1 hour ago, Tennessee Dave said:

EL Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme from 2008 and 2014 Bolivar Belicoso Finos

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

I'm digging that red Jetlite!  Customized nicely sir! :)

@Obeezy1Kaneezy that lighter was presented to me as a gift by a fellow brother who knows my love for the ERDM CS.  Tonight Eh Taylor Small Batch with a Diamond Crown Maximus Maduro

IMG_3342.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

2013 Ramon Allones Special Selection with Wheat night

IMG_3352.jpg  IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg  IMG_3357.jpg

So far this spring/summer, I've been smoking a wide variety of cigars - tatuaje, Fuente, Padron, Avo, Roma Craft,

Sobremesa, etc. Much like whiskey, very mood dependent when selecting a smoke, especially when pairing with a pour.

Beautiful Tennessee late afternoon with Old Fashioned and Nica Rustica.

IMG_3363.jpg  IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg  IMG_3369.jpg

6 hours ago, clingman71 said:

So far this spring/summer, I've been smoking a wide variety of cigars - tatuaje, Fuente, Padron, Avo, Roma Craft,

Sobremesa, etc. Much like whiskey, very mood dependent when selecting a smoke, especially when pairing with a pour.

Love anything Roma Craft does...  Neanderthal & Aquitine are some of my faves.