So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

Montecristo #2 robusto with some FRBS. I forget which recipe it was but I love them all!

The smoke was a little disappointing, the last 1/3 was super hot and woody.

Fratello Bianca in my last night in DC before flying to Houston in the AM. Finished my bottle of BT so drinking a Starbucks Pikes Market.

Herrera Esteli Lancero with some of the Colonel's Small Batch.

Over the weekend, I tried the PVW cigars paired up with PVW 20. The whiskey was great but the cigar sucked. The ammonia was still pretty strong on it and it smoked very harsh. I'll put the rest back into the humidor and try them again in a few months, hopefully they get better but I wouldn't bet on it. Big disappointment since Drew Estates is my favorite cigar brand.

Sad to hear about Drew Estates. Hopefully, an anomaly?

Staying with that, smoking a Herrara Esteli Norteno Lonsdale with some

10 year SAOS at 50% ABV.

while fumbling through a box of misc cigars in the bottom of my coolidor today, came across a Gurkha Beauty XO Gordo from a sample pack that's been there for a good 3 years. The time has been very good to it, a nice mild smoke that's hitting all the right spots this afternoon while drinking some dusty Old Taylor. I love a relaxing Sunday afternoon :)

An Opus X Petite Lancero and a 4 Roses Small Batch Manhattan - Life is good!

Smoked a Perdomo Champagne 10th anniversary. Those things were great when they came out, and even better now with a few years in the humidor. Had a Palina this past weekend as well, and quite enjoyed it as well.

Smoked a Perdomo Champagne 10th anniversary.

One of my all time favorite cigars was the 10th anniversary Maduro. The Champagne is good, but too mild IMO. Perdomo is one of the most underrated cigar brands out there. Their entire lineup is very good.

A Casa Fuente on an unseasonably mild night in the Commonwealth. Don't remember where it came from, I'm thinking the Fuente lounge in Vegas? Kind of tight draw, but nice.

Ramon Allones tonight. Cigar Aficianados cigar of the year a couple years back. Great smoke.

Ramon Allones tonight. Cigar Aficianados cigar of the year a couple years back. Great smoke.

Speaking of CA, it looks like their next issue, due out end of August has a feature on the Bourbon Trail, cigars and bourbon, etc.