Empty Bottle Support Group 2013

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I figured it was time to start a new thread for 2013. Sooooo................., I finished off a bottle of Weller 12 today. Whad ya expect? :lol:

Finished up a bottle of 09 4R Mariage tonight that has been open since August.

a bit sad to see it go but happy that I've got a few more left

Finished up a bottle of 09 4R Mariage tonight that has been open since August.

a bit sad to see it go but happy that I've got a few more left

How did your bottle hold up with time? I found my '09 bottle's flavors went soft with time and I started to get a lot of wood and astringency. Wasn't awful, still great, but looking back I would have devoted more time up front to the bottle had I known.

just finished a black maple hill 16. i have the feeling it will be a long time before i see that one again!

How did your bottle hold up with time? I found my '09 bottle's flavors went soft with time and I started to get a lot of wood and astringency. Wasn't awful, still great, but looking back I would have devoted more time up front to the bottle had I known.

I don't think it necessarily got astringent but definitely loosened up over time for my tastes. Still a great pour pour, wood never got out of control for me.

Finished up a bottle of Angel's Envy last night. Fortunately brought back another on my recent trip to Kentucky and I still have the CS to enjoy. But I look forward to the arrival of this in Georgia which hopefully will be soon. Will still probably pick up another in April when I am hopefully back in Kentucky to make sure I am covered!

Willett Family Reserve Rye hit the trash last night. Went out in a blaze of glory in 2 Sazarac cocktails. Tasty stuff, I'll have to get another one for the shelf.

Just poured the last of a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed... good stuff. Definitely need to pick up another bottle.

Very productive weekend: killed an ORVW10/107, 4R LE SmB '12 and a V17 wheater. Project "Clear the Bar" is ongoing.

Put a Liquor Barn KCSB out to pasture last night. I'm really back and forth on that whiskey. I had a bottle that was full of smoke that I really liked a few weeks back, but this one was just hot as hell neat.

Drained a bottle of CEHT Small Batch in just a few weeks time. I haven't seen it get much (or any) love around here, but I'll definitely pick that one up again.

but this one was just hot as hell neat.

I had a bottle years ago like that and never bought another bottle (or any of the Beam premiums) after that.

Knocked out a AAA TPS bottle last night and I suspect an OWA 7 year will hit the basket tonight. The AAA was fantastic (glad I have 2 more), the OWA good, but not great, picked it up to compare the new stuff to the old stuff (buffalo trace), for the time being, I think I'll stick to some of the private selections of OWA.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!