Empty Bottle Support Group 2013

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

this doesn't happen often: George T Stagg.

pretty sure there's one in the bunker:cool:

IMG_20130330_174724_232_zps8e253a19.jpg

Just a little old AA BIB actually pretty nice stuff,shame it's not around anymore great value.

The open count is officially south of 20 after bottles of Bernheim Wheat and VSOF BHC were wrung out by the neighbors fire pit Saturday night.

The open bottle count has dropped from 55 to 21 with a few more candidates queued up in Operation Kill The Partials. I'm looming forward to opening a few new things once the count is south of 20.
Don't you just love operaton kill the partials gives you an excuse to have a couple extras :grin:
The open count is officially south of 20 after bottles of Bernheim Wheat and VSOF BHC were wrung out by the neighbors fire pit Saturday night.

I'm down to 9 bottles open as of this weekend. :bigeyes: Empties that hit the recycle bin in the last couple of weeks or so are, EW BIB, Old Forester BIB (1.75), 200's of AA BIB and JW Dant BIB, Binny's BT, OWA, Weller SR, and Weller 12. I did an inventory and updated my spreadsheet yesterday. In doing so, I found some that I forgot to mark off the list. These were Pappy 15, Lot B, and ORVW 10/107.

Spring is here, and with it comes the end of the bowling season. None too soon I might add. Three weeks left. :crazy: My empty bottle count won't be as high for the next three months or so. :skep:

With much regret, the final pour of Old Foreseter BIB with a bottle date of 77. The last OF BIB I have from that DSP. Such rich, dark, sweet bourbon.

Said goodbye tonight to something which is pretty easy to farewell knowing it'll be back. EW Black Label.

EC12 Classic. Will get another as soon as I run through the new BP. Unless that becomes a regular release, in which case...

Killed a Willett 17yr R/E 133.2 bottle of wheated bourbon...this bottle has to be in my top 5 bourbons of all time. I feel like crying as I've been able to nurse this bottle for a couple years! :(

PVW20 is gone. Have a bunch going low. Will finish then open a new set soon.

Coming down to the last couple of pours are older PVW15, PVWFRR, WLW and GTS.

Cheers

Hugh

Killed a Willett 17yr R/E 133.2 bottle of wheated bourbon...this bottle has to be in my top 5 bourbons of all time. I feel like crying as I've been able to nurse this bottle for a couple years! :(
I feel the same pain when that happens but you did a good job stretching that baby out. Nothing but good memories now!

Sadly, my '11 LE Small Batch hit the recycling bin tonight. This was a bourbon's bourbon.

High West Rendezvous Rye hit empty last night. Very good stuff. I believe I am developing a real liking for HW ryes.

Added a few more this week. Weller SR, OWA, Weller 12, and 2010 WLW. Didn't actually finish them per say. I used them to make a handle of my Special Weller SB blend, but the bottles are gone. Also did finish a MM 84, and a MM 90 proof.

Working on clearing off some shelf space. EWBIB, FRSmB, and KC Rye were finished off this week. At least one of those will probably be replaced in the next week, so I guess I'll enjoy the extra space while it lasts.

Several good soldiers went down:

Great King St. Artist's Blend (will definitely buy again)

500ml bottle of ND Old Taylor 86 (would buy again if I could: still hunting them)

AAA (pretty darn good, but I cannot get it here in NYC. Elmer T. Lee is more expensive, but also a bit better, I'd say. More delicate, sweeter. Like thin honey.)

Killed recently: V17, WRDO, OEB7yr. I tell myself it was to free up space for other things, but I think this semester is making an alcoholic of me. :grin:

Just poured the last of a pre-fire distilled EC 12 bottled on the 70th day of 2005 at 2:57. Rich in fruit and brandy like...I'll miss it.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!