Empty Bottle Support Group 2013

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

JP, you need to use the shoes and purses analogy with her. She should grasp that readily if she's honest with herself (and you).:70358-devil:

Tried that, got the "I need my shoes but you don't need another case of whisky" from a woman who had an entire closet just for shoes. I swear, it's enough to drive you to drink.

Tried that, got the "I need my shoes but you don't need another case of whisky" from a woman who had an entire closet just for shoes. I swear, it's enough to drive you to drink.

Another drained 2012 PHC goes clinky into the bin. At one time, I purchased enough of these to believe I had a lifetime supply...that plan is rapidly going clinky....:rolleyes:

Another drained 2012 PHC goes clinky into the bin. At one time, I purchased enough of these to believe I had a lifetime supply...that plan is rapidly going clinky....:rolleyes:

As good as this whiskey is, this is just the leakiest bottle I've ever come across.

Thank you, Julio's Liquors selection 4R1B OESO, you were a wonderful bottle. Lots of friends of mine at a party a few weeks ago thought so too, as they happily helped drain 7/8 of the juice.

Luckily they have many more at the store, and the replacement is already in the cabinet bar.

EWSB 02 hit the bin. Hard of couple of different barrels of this over the year, and they sure have been winners.

Looking forward to the 03, seems like the word is that it is really outstanding.

B

Not feeling the need for support, but I poured out the remaining 40% of the Dickel #12 750 in the cabinet. Poured a bit, smelled it, tasted it, and it was just not going to work for me. It seemed particularly hot today, and the vitamin smell is just too off-putting. The (unneeded) tie-breaker was the bottle is worth more to me empty, for vatting purposes.

That's too bad, Dickel is one of my all-time favorites. I've seen some of your other posts on it, and it sounds like at least it was a very instructive bottle on what you don't prefer in a whiskey. Although it's nice to hear that the bottle is still serving a good purpose :grin:

To stay on topic, finished off a Four Roses Yellow Label with some friends. As much as I like this one, I will probably wait until the Summer to buy another bottle.

Killed some soldiers this last couple weeks sharing with buddies and sending out samples.

ND OGD 114 1991

Willet R/E 7yr #767

McKenna 14yr BP 144.1pr

McKenna 14yr BP 127.3pr

OT BIB 1972-82

OGD 114

Old Forrester 86pr 1978

WT 8/101 1988

Not feeling the need for support, but I poured out the remaining 40% of the Dickel #12 750 in the cabinet. Poured a bit, smelled it, tasted it, and it was just not going to work for me. It seemed particularly hot today, and the vitamin smell is just too off-putting. The (unneeded) tie-breaker was the bottle is worth more to me empty, for vatting purposes.

Bob was that OT BIB an Old Thompson?
Old Taylor BIB 1972-1982...glut whiskey! :) I also killed a EC 18 barreled in 1981.

Old Taylor BIB 1972-1982...glut whiskey! :) I also killed a EC 18 barreled in 1981.

I won't say that the 1972 Old Taylor BIB I had was the best whiskey I ever had, but I can't recall every tasting one that was better.

Finished off an absolutely delicious bottle of Evan Williams BIB....just in time for a trip through East Tennessee next week. Going to clean out some unsuspecting package store of all the white label they have.

Finished off a 4RSmB this afternoon. Enjoyed it more then the MM and the Larceny that I had today too.

Best regards, Tony

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!