Empty Bottle Support Group 2013

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Meruck, do you have any knowledge of when that beauty was bottled?

My VSOF 12 bought just 6 months ago is now drinking superbly after half of it is gone.

It was like a wine that just wouldn't open up until now.

BM, it wound is still fresh, but she was a fine 12 year old, barreled in '53 and bottled in '65. This was a true SW juice. Teh VSOF 12 is a current HH product. I will say its a nive pour.

I'm just now able to talk about my loss. Devastating..............................

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14902[/ATTACH]

Sic transit gloria mundi...

Sic transit gloria mundi...

I have never seen that used in such an eloquent and profane way............... Thank you for those healing words

mea asinus plagis et ego postulo potum alterum.

Lost two bottles last night, Ritt BIB and HH 6 year BIB. Their last pours did combine to make a pretty good Manhattan, though.

Warn you though Matt, that 1.75 Barton is one of the heaviest bottles I've ever had to wrestle with.

VOB BIB hit the recycle bin along side my WRMC Sonoma Cutrer. I finished the VOB. Sad to say, but the last 1/4 bottle or so of the WRMC ended up cleaning out my garbage disposal. It's been open for a long time, and I just couldn't finish it. :crazy:

Warn you though Matt, that 1.75 Barton is one of the heaviest bottles I've ever had to wrestle with.

Is it the same bottle as OWA? Gotta decant those things!

It's a sad day around these parts. Just finished off a mind blowing bottle of 81' ER 10/101 Lawrenceburg. Sad to see it go as its my last bottle, a very good pour!

I kicked over the lone bottle of WLW '12 I was able to scoop up last year. It stuck around for a few months so that's good. I liked it about 100% better than the '11, though overall it lacked complexity. A really nice caramel sweetness to it, not deep, but certainly sexy. As usual, I poured the last of the bottle through a coffee filter to avoid ingesting the spent barrel char. I know some view this as blasphemy, but though I appreciate the job it does as a bourbon steeper, it's just not something I need inside of me.

I polished off an ETL and an EC12 this week, waiting for the ECBP to replace the 12 yr.

Finished off a long open bottle of JB Black label not too long ago. Not a bad bourbon but I doubt it will be replaced.

Sent a Willet 4 Year Straight Rye out with the season last night. Always an enjoyable pour. I've heard people describe certain whiskies as "lip smacking" and that comes to mind with this.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!