Empty Bottle Support Group 2013

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Also emptied my jar of Luxardo maraschinos, gotta get more.

Where do you get them around here?

Bought and disposed of my first bottle of EWBIB this weekend. Seemed more corny and less "Heavenly" than any of their other lower shelf offerings, including the HHWBIB, HHGBIB, JTSBBIB. I even think I prefer the standard EWB. It seemed like "lite beer" compared to the others.

Finished off my bottle of Binnys EWSB '03. A really great pour. Gonna need to buy another one of these soon.

Bye bye Fighting Cock, thanks for a couple weeks of big proof bliss.

Wild Turkey Rare Breed tonight. Luckily more await on the liquor store shelf.

Rather than join this support group I recycled my W12 empty as the receptacle for my SB Blend. Seemed to be the right thing to do.

Rather than join this support group I recycled my W12 empty as the receptacle for my SB Blend. Seemed to be the right thing to do.

Good move! I've got a 1.75 of W12 on hand for just this purpose.

Just polished off an OWA. Already have a bottle of SB blend, but think I may use this one to give the higher W12 ratio a try.

Recently shared a WT12 gold foil bottled in the early 90's with my dad. It was, without a doubt, the best bourbon I have ever had the pleasure of sipping on. DEEP flavor and a finish that could last for days. Many on this site also talk about how tasting can be affected by good company. I shared a GREAT bourbon with one of my favorite people in the world. It made the Wild Turkey as good as it can get. I wish I had dozens bunkered up but I don't regret enjoying that bottle for a second.

Finished off an ORVW 10/107 tonight. Glad I have a couple more in the bunker as this is one of my favorites.

Starting the evening by finishing up a bottle of JPS18 batch18.

eqehumap.jpg

Sorry, man. But at least you have a 17 year in the background and I've heard it's better. I recently lost the remainder of a JPS17 Batch 3 to some company last week. Good stuff.

Emptied a HH6 BIB tonight. Might have to try putting the next bottle of it in the refrigerator for the summer.

Finished off a bottle of WTRR 10yo 101 last night, I only have 3 left in the bunker now. I'd had this one open for about 8 months and it just got better and better.

If any peeps in Oz know of any still available on the East Coast please let me know... :)

Finished my bottle of EWSB 2003 and my OGD 114. Since the OGD will be around, I will make sure I run down for another bottle of the 2003

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15561[/ATTACH]This one was a tough loss not likely to be replaced.

That's still look beautiful. Still hoping I will get a chance to drink this one.

That's still look beautiful. Still hoping I will get a chance to drink this one.

If you're ever up in Seattle, let me know. I'll share some with you.

If you're ever up in Seattle, let me know. I'll share some with you.

Thank you! I will come bearing treats too.

The last time was for an Alaska Cruise but thats been a while now.

I'll definitely be letting you know.

Cheers,

Hugh

It's A+, but there are a number of Four Roses that are very similar IMO. Happy hunting though, I'd love to find a bottle.

Killed off my handle of VOB BiB the other day. This is a difficult one for me to replace, as no one in my tri-state area carries it :hot:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!