Empty Bottle Support Group 2013

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Powers 12. Not bad at all, but for an Irish in the arsenal I'd rather replace it with regular Powers (for easy drinking on the rocks) or Black Bush (which is a little sweeter and thicker that could be had neat or on the rocks.)

My first ever Basil Hayden bottle bit the dust tonight. Sadly it had started to taste oxidised, so ended up making a couple of strong bourbon and cokes.

2010 ER17 had dregs left so killed it. Testiment to quality, it was still super great. Now toasting the demise with the last of a 2011 Stagg.

My first ever Basil Hayden bottle bit the dust tonight. Sadly it had started to taste oxidised, so ended up making a couple of strong bourbon and cokes.

How long was the bottle open? Curious if you noticed something different with the taste in less than 6 months.

Emptied my Rendezvous Rye tonight. No tears, though, this one did not live up to reputation or cost, for my taste.

Polished of a 15 year Pappy tonight. It was about time, I'd had it since 07 or 08. It got shuffled behind some other bottles and I kind of forgot about it for a few years.

Polished of a 15 year Pappy tonight. It was about time, I'd had it since 07 or 08. It got shuffled behind some other bottles and I kind of forgot about it for a few years.

Congratulations!

Edit: To clarify, I've been killing off things lately that have been open that long. It's an accomplishment.

post-9014-14489818949701_thumb.jpg

Put this poor guy to bed. My first taste of any Abe Bowman. This is really great.

Congratulations!

Edit: To clarify, I've been killing off things lately that have been open that long. It's an accomplishment.

[ATTACH]15296[/ATTACH]

Put this poor guy to bed. My first taste of any Abe Bowman. This is really great.

Wow,I guess you must have liked it,that didn't last long.:grin:

Finished a bottle of Bakers and one of Rare Breed. Gonna miss the Bakers, have already replaced the RB

In the last several days put OFBB 2012 and GBS EC-12 to rest. Both very good bottles.

Far too many open bottles. Big problem:lol:

Anyway trying to clear some space.

It seems I've had success in polishing off my bottle of Weller 12 lately. Fortunately, for me and my wallet, I can buy it in 1.75s so I just keep refilling the 750 since it fits in my bar better. I like to think of it as my magical bottle.

[ATTACH]15296[/ATTACH]

So jealous that you got to consume a bottle, such delicious stuff. I waffled too long and when I went to pull the trigger, it was gone.

I laid a dear friend to rest last night, I am now going to curl up in the fetal position and cry.

Time to try and hunt another.

BMH23Empty_zps4df5167e.jpg

Edited by LostBottle

So jealous that you got to consume a bottle, such delicious stuff. I waffled too long and when I went to pull the trigger, it was gone.

I didn't put it down by myself, but I pulled my weight. It was a leftover offering from a good friend at the Gazebo.

Been on a path of destruction clearing out low fill bottles. Put down a HH White around the same time that Abe Bowman bit the dust. The next day was an OGD 114, then a PHC 2012 batch #3. Tonight might be the demise of my first 2013 FR1B. It limped back pretty wounded from the Gazebo, so it seems honorable to go ahead and put it out of its misery.

Last pour tonight from a bottle of Smooth Ambler Very Old Scout 14yr. This is the only bottle I've had for which I was sorry I read one of Sku's reviews, because I couldn't get his description of 'briny Kalamata olives' out of my mind every time I took a pour (a great descriptor, spot on, but I couldn't get past it). It's a nice high-rye bourbon with plenty of baking spices and burnt caramel in the background. Behind the olives. Deep in the shadows of the olives.

Finished off a bottle of Baby Saz making Manhattans last night. Availability has been better around here recently, so hopefully I won't have to do too much hunting to restock.

BTEC Rediscovered Barrels met their demise last night. Took all three to a friends house for a little help.

FRSB and an OWA NAS gave their all within the last few day, and the Rittenhouse I'm enjoying now doesn't have much longer.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!