Current PVW Prices 2012/2013

smknjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Until Snoop Lion changes his name to Pappy Van Drizzle I think we're safe.

For shizzle, dizzle, the Snoopy D O Double Gizzle likes to mix Coke with the Pappy Van Wizzle... biatch.

So a buddy sent me a text message today saying he found a bottle of PVW15 for $175 and a PVW20 for $249 here in NE. He wanted to know if I thought it was worth it - I simply said not to me it isn't. I'm sure other people will feel different.

Had a 20 in my hands at $250 and passed. Had the opportunity to get another at $200 and passed. Before I sound all tough guy, I got the fever and called back the next day on the $200 and would have paid it but it was gone. Blessing in disguise I suppose. But I would have given your buddy the same advice you did.

You might be surprised. In our neck of the woods the JPS series is doing well, the older and more expensive it is, the better it seems. JPS of whatever age is selling well in central Ky.
Prices maybe better where you are. In this ABC state, the price is set by the distributor and it's way too high at $160. The 21 yo sold good at $140 ONLY because most people were misinformed and believed it was SW. I am curious about the latest releases, but not curious enough to fork over the $$. At $120, I'd maybe try each of them.

The new Jeff bourbon and rye have started popping up by me. 21 yr Rye at $160, 25 yr Rye at $180, and 25 yr bourbon at $190. Passes for me unless I get really, really impulsive, and only then if reviews are extremely positive. I suppose someone will buy them though.

Prices maybe better where you are. In this ABC state, the price is set by the distributor and it's way too high at $160. The 21 yo sold good at $140 ONLY because most people were misinformed and believed it was SW. I am curious about the latest releases, but not curious enough to fork over the $$. At $120, I'd maybe try each of them.

Wow, just browsing through the Craigslist ads and this one pops up yesterday:

Pappy Van Winkle 20 year with small amount drank. This bottle is from before buffalo trace purchased the distillery. $500

The picture shows it down to the label. Who on earth would even consider buying an open bottle from someone off Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, just browsing through the Craigslist ads and this one pops up yesterday:

Pappy Van Winkle 20 year with small amount drank. This bottle is from before buffalo trace purchased the distillery. $500

The picture shows it down to the label. Who on earth would even consider buying an open bottle from someone off Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, I'd bet that one is actually real. Some poor schmuck who realized that bottle that's been in his cabinet for years and is worth something.

Even if I were willing to pay $$$ for a bottle, I'd never buy one of those bottles off of Craigslist, sealed or unsealed. I bet there is a ton of counterfeiting going on.

Anyone who buys an opened bottle deserves what they get.

...And no telling what they're going to get...75% Lipton, 20% moonshine, 5% someone else's dead bacteria floating around inside. :puke:

I got the call from my local ABC last week that my Lot B was in. When I went into the store the guy bringing it out asked if I had the 10, 12 or 15. I told him the 12, but asked "Did you get all three?" The girl at the register was like yep. So I just kinda off hand was like "Oh man, already reserved?" She was like "Nope, didn't even order them, total surprise. We were about to put them on the shelf if you want any." I walked out with two 10s (one for my bro for Christmas), my Lot B and a 15. The 10 yr was $34.99, 12 was $54.99, and the 15 either $84.99 or $89.99. I guess state controlled stores have a surprise every now and then. :grin:

I got the call from my local ABC last week that my Lot B was in. When I went into the store the guy bringing it out asked if I had the 10, 12 or 15. I told him the 12, but asked "Did you get all three?" The girl at the register was like yep. So I just kinda off hand was like "Oh man, already reserved?" She was like "Nope, didn't even order them, total surprise. We were about to put them on the shelf if you want any." I walked out with two 10s (one for my bro for Christmas), my Lot B and a 15. The 10 yr was $34.99, 12 was $54.99, and the 15 either $84.99 or $89.99. I guess state controlled stores have a surprise every now and then. :grin:

I also heard they got some 15s this year and was surprised as I didn't see that one on the list. So I had them throw me on the waiting list for one. Who knows, maybe this time next year I'll get another awesome random call.

I didn't see it or any others on the VA list, just the 12 and 20. Did you happen to get the item code?

Yeah, I got a random call from a store I put an order in at for a 20 two years ago, and got the 20 for around $140 out the door.

I also heard they got some 15s this year and was surprised as I didn't see that one on the list. So I had them throw me on the waiting list for one. Who knows, maybe this time next year I'll get another awesome random call.

It's funny, I got two 15s earlier this year (one for me, one for a friend) that were placed on the shelf by MISTAKE! The manager said he didn't even know what they were, he just ordered a "special reserve" bourbon of sorts and those came in. I told another friend, and he called the ABC and ordered two, and they literally showed up a week later! Next time I went in the manager told me that the store in Richmond called them asking for them back, saying it was a mistake, but he of course said they were gone.

As far as I know, none of the Van Winkle's are on the list except for the 23 and 12. They told me at the store that this shipment of 10 and 15 was a "one time" thing, but who knows.

bourbonfoot, sounds like you were simply in the right place at the right time, and sometimes that's more successful than all the connections in the world. I have bought literally 4 VW products in recent years--three Lot B's, and one VWFRR. Two of the Lot B's were through a retailer hooking me up, and the other Lot B and the Rye were through being in the right place at the right time. Now I simply can't get any of it at all, but such is life...

By the way, since geography plays a pretty big role in the goings-on of this forum, whether it is looking for a bourbon, or finding a bourbon, etc., you might go into your profile settings and input your "location".

I didn't see it or any others on the VA list, just the 12 and 20. Did you happen to get the item code?

No. The info on the 15s was just verbal over the phone.

It's funny, I got two 15s earlier this year (one for me, one for a friend) that were placed on the shelf by MISTAKE! The manager said he didn't even know what they were, he just ordered a "special reserve" bourbon of sorts and those came in. I told another friend, and he called the ABC and ordered two, and they literally showed up a week later! Next time I went in the manager told me that the store in Richmond called them asking for them back, saying it was a mistake, but he of course said they were gone.

As far as I know, none of the Van Winkle's are on the list except for the 23 and 12. They told me at the store that this shipment of 10 and 15 was a "one time" thing, but who knows.

Yeah, the only ones that appear in the VA ABC product list are the 12 and the 20. I didn't think to ask what was up with them getting the 15s. They said they were selling them as consolation prizes to those that wanted a 20. That's a pretty dang nice consolation prize.

No. The info on the 15s was just verbal over the phone.

Yeah, the only ones that appear in the VA ABC product list are the 12 and the 20. I didn't think to ask what was up with them getting the 15s. They said they were selling them as consolation prizes to those that wanted a 20. That's a pretty dang nice consolation prize.

Yeah they haven't taken orders for the 20 around here in awhile. At the same time though, they still haven't updated the price list to include Weller, any of the KBD products, Rittenhouse, or anything else they've gotten in lately.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I live in S.W. Florida.. Last week 1/8 I paid $89 per for two Bottles of 10Year ORVW.. I was hoping to build a relationship with the store owner hoping when they get in any previous bottles they might remember me. LOL Creggor

Ok I live in S.W. Florida.. Last week 1/8 I paid $89 per for two Bottles of 10Year ORVW.. I was hoping to build a relationship with the store owner hoping when they get in any previous bottles they might remember me. LOL Creggor

I wouldn't want that store owner to remember me.

I live in the suburbs of Chicago. In late November I paid:

$30.99 a piece for 2 bottles of ORVW10

$42.99 a piece for 2 bottles of VWSR12

$61.99 a piece for 2 bottles of PVW15

$100.99 a piece for 2 bottles of PVW20

$215.99 a piece for 2 bottles of PVW23

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!