What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stumbled upon my 2nd PHC 27 year in 2 weeks. Pretty crazy. Traded the last one, but might have to hold onto this one.

Stumbled upon my 2nd PHC 27 year in 2 weeks. Pretty crazy. Traded the last one, but might have to hold onto this one.

Seriously?? In state? I figured it was pretty much cleared out now of these.

I hate being so far south......

B

Seriously?? In state? I figured it was pretty much cleared out now of these.

I hate being so far south......

B

Yep, both within a 10 mile radius of me. Dumb luck I guess.

Thanks to the thoughtfulness and watchful eye of a fellow SB.com member, was able to finally pick up a 2012 PHC!!! I believe this to be from the first dump (it's 131.6 proof), which I had given up any hope of finding (would have been quite happy to get ANY batch!) Can't wait to crack this open - although after mowing the lawn today, likely won't be today.

Just bought my first "BT Experimental"....got a bottle of the "Hot Box"...I've heard its too smooth and a little over priced, but I am interested to try it out.

Tax sale today at the local store, where they discount off the amount of tax.

So a bottle of ER10, Balvenie Caribbean Cask- for the FIL, some VYA extra dry vermouth-for the MIL, and x2 JPS 21yr-that's strictly for me.

Thinking about cracking one for a upcoming guest, I'm itching to try it.

Plus, I got to use my regular store discount on top of that, it was a pretty sweet deal all around! :grin:

B

Tax sale today at the local store, where they discount off the amount of tax.

Had to do a quick look-see @ your profile to see if you were in WA state - that'd be about a 25% discount for us ;-)

But sadly you're not :-(

Nice haul nonetheless :-)

I picked up a couple Old 1889 Royals at the suggestion of the store owner. $12 swill is what I expect...

12 year old 86 proof Heaven Hill swill to be exact. If you don't like it I'll take em off your hands and you can give me the name of that store.

Took a quick trip through Indiana and Kentucky. Picked up:

W12

OWA

HH BIB white

Ritt BIB

ECBP

Haven't posted in this thread in awhile, but the last few bottles I've procured were KCSB, OWA, Weller 12 and Fighting Cock.

Based upon the comments in another thread here on SB.com (SE MI...) I picked up a couple bottles of the brass Mug barrel selection of Old Weller Antique 107 (a dram I particularly favor in it's usual iteration). I can hardly wait to try the selection... tomorrow, probably. Stay Tuned! :rolleyes:

Took the last 3 bottles of JPS18 batch no. 8 off the shelf. Figured it was time to bunker a few before it was too late. I have really enjoyed the bottle I have open. As I was leaving they found 1 more in the back, but I decided to not be greedy and leave it for the next lucky customer...well...unless no one buys it over the next month. If not I might have to get it too.

W12 @ 19.99. Bunker up.

High West Campfire

Masterson's 10 Year Rye

Well that should keep you in Weller for a while! :toast:

[ATTACH]15167[/ATTACH]

W12 @ 19.99. Bunker up.

High West Campfire

Masterson's 10 Year Rye

Atta Boy Josh! I never get tired of seeing bottles of Weller 12.

[ATTACH]15167[/ATTACH]

W12 @ 19.99. Bunker up.

High West Campfire

Masterson's 10 Year Rye

Excellent price on the Weller 12!

I think I scored some ECBP, but sometimes with this internet stuff you never know till it's in your hand.

I think I scored some ECBP, but sometimes with this internet stuff you never know till it's in your hand.

I also used the internet to find a bottle of ECBP a few days ago. Now I have it in my hands. Also picked up a bottle of the regular EC12 since I killed my last one a few months ago. Wanted to have a point of comparison on hand

Found a bottle of 12 yr+ AS Pure Kentucky for $19.99 (never tried before) and reloaded on EC12 and Noah's Mill.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!