What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A bottle of Ten High Ten. Never seen it before, looked like a new bottle, and it was 15.99. Barton distilled.

Also got lucky and found a BMH16 that was priced reasonably IMO @150. Apparently she was special ordered a couple years back, and when she wasn't picked up she was forgotten in the back. The owner said he had just put her out on the shelf for the first time last week. I took her home.

post-9252-14489818864954_thumb.jpg

I took a day off.

Today was a bourbon buying moratorium.

A hiatus, if you will.

A sabbatical from purchasing whiskey.

It should end soon. I predict sometime early next week. I know where I can find some interesting ryes. :)

Picked up a Turkey Rare Breed for $35 which is the cheapest I've found up here. I've never had it before but figured I shouldn't pass it up.

Wryguy the Ten High Ten is worth it for it's uniqueness though there's a reason it didn't sell well enough to stay in the lineup.

I won't question your comment the BMH 16 yr at $150 was worth it to you even though I would not have paid that much. The first bottle of BMN 16 I bought was $34.95 and I got it for a friend who believed 'older is better' when it comes to whisky. Shared it with him and others but passed on subsequent bottles even before the price got higher.

The BMH16 was something that I passed on a couple occasions before because I was convinced that I could find it for under a hundred and then it disappeared. I realize its a bit of a premium but I have had to stare at multiple bottles of the stuff that I can't own for long enough that I'm just happy to cross it off the list.

Edited by Wryguy
Squire is awesome

Baby Sazerac for me. Getting pretty hard to find on the shelves here in MN. Luckily I've been bunkering a couple bottles.

I ordered a bottle of Hirsch 22 this morning, only to have the store call me back an hour later to tell me "some gentleman from California got the last one." Which one of you dogs was it?

I ordered a bottle of Hirsch 22 this morning, only to have the store call me back an hour later to tell me "some gentleman from California got the last one." Which one of you dogs was it?

was it a store in CT? :cool:

Tico, you dog!

Apparently your order went in about 10 minutes before mine. Ah, well. You can send me a sample as a consolation prize.

Edited by Trey Manthey

WT Rye 101. Looking forward to comparing it to the 80 proof, which I actually like.

WT Rye 101. Looking forward to comparing it to the 80 proof, which I actually like.

That's what I am planning on getting next. It's around $22 here.

Glad to see poaching is bicoastal. :) For some reason the Hirsch 22 didn't really move around here. I've got a couple bunkered and have 'gifted' a couple in the last year, and left a couple overpriced ones behind. Would have nabbed another at that price though. :cool:

Baby Sazerac for me. Getting pretty hard to find on the shelves here in MN. Luckily I've been bunkering a couple bottles.

Agreed, good bottle.

BTW, nice to see another MN member-our ranks are growing, post a bit about yourself in the intro section so that we can give you a welcome!

B

A bottle of Ten High Ten. Never seen it before, looked like a new bottle, and it was 15.99. Barton distilled. .
I've been drinkin ten high 10 for the past week or so. Old school piney tastey, old growth woody barton. The stuff I've been drinking (distilled in 1980) is super tasty and a great example of old growth.

I purchased a EWSB 1998 and EWSB 1998 gift set today. The first bottle was on a shelf 10 feet off the ground. When he pulled it down for me, I could then see the gift set.

Grabbed a Templeton Rye and an EC12BP, I had no interest in it until I got a taste.

A barrel proof that you were into? Now I'm really intrigued. That EC18 sample @166 proof was one of the best tastes of whiskey I've ever had. I really want the EC12BP.

A barrel proof that you were into? Now I'm really intrigued. That EC18 sample @166 proof was one of the best tastes of whiskey I've ever had. I really want the EC12BP.

Shocking isn't it, it is a very tasty pour. Glad you enjoyed the sample though I assume it paled in comparison to the whiskey bags my wife gifted you!!

I've been drinkin ten high 10 for the past week or so. Old school piney tastey, old growth woody barton. The stuff I've been drinking (distilled in 1980) is super tasty and a great example of old growth.

I'm thinking this is a more recent bottling, looks too clean, and the bottom of the bottle has a 12, making me think it is a 2012 bottling. I know nothing about how to date a bottle of this stuff, but I remember reading somewhere that it was discontinued, but maybe it came back. I hope it tastes the way you described Brett. Sounds like it would be right up my alley.

After missing out on some ECBP today I took home an OGD114 instead. Sipping it now and all the sudden i'm not so sad anymore.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!