What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Let us know how the rebel reserve is. I bought a bottle of AAA that someone is bootlegging into their liquor store in Chicago.

Make sure it is 10 year and not 10 star. 10 star is available outside ky but I don't believe 10 year is.

And for you guys traveling to ky to buy 10 year AAA. Look for a 10-15% price increase and an absence of 750s next time you are in. Liters and half gallons are all that are available from distributor. Have been told 750s are discontinued but have not confirmed with BT yet.

Anyone buy 750s of that anyhow? And yeah, any price increase is a bummer, but still a bargain regardless.

I'll echo that request. I always pass on the Rebel Reserve because it's more expensive here than EC12 and WT101 - it's just a buck cheaper than Maker's Mark (on sale).

Look I'm no Robert Parker, and I don't want to tell anybody what they should like, but I found the RR to be thin and weak. If it is aged much beyond Reb Yell it's a matter of months. Ended up vatting it with OWA and Bernheim and made a palatable pour. Would buy many others before springing for Reb Reserve again. YMMV as they say. Maui I would take any of those three first every time.

Anyone buy 750s of that anyhow? And yeah, any price increase is a bummer, but still a bargain regardless.

Maybe not around here. But in my store, 750s outsold 1.75s by a considerable margin. Liters would be dead if not for on premise accounts.

Found EC12 in Cheyenne for $16.49. Miss TPS for sure but I love the West!

Make sure it is 10 year and not 10 star. 10 star is available outside ky but I don't believe 10 year is.

A few 10 year AAA (as in much less than Pappy few) occasionally make their way up here legitimately. And following up on the Parker invasion of our world this week one could now appropriately refer to AAA as the Blanton's second label ;) .

Saw a new batch of Blanton's, so I had to pick up a bottle - $36 out the door. Also, picked up a bottle of Clear Creek Slivovitz (Blue Plum Eau de Vie).

Picked up a family size OF Signature. This may actually qualify as a "dusty" as it's the old label, and the store's website doesn't even list it at all anymore (not even an 'out of stock').... which is pretty sad, because the 750ml OF:S isn't available at all here either.

Just got back from a little Saturday morning bourbon run, before the day's activities kick in. Picked up a couple of store special bottlings, BT Single Barrel Select and EC12 Custom Barrel, and then a retail Bowman Brothers Small Batch.

With good feedback from the board I went back and purchased an I.W. Harper 15 BHC that I spotted earlier this week.

Got a second bottle of OFBB 12 based on reading that it's decent. Didn't want to not get it and kick myself later. Also recently bought a EWSB 2003.

Finally found a ECBP around here in DC (missed the MontCo allocation). Also picked up a 4R PS (OESF, 10y 4m)--thanks to the SBer's that gave some helpful info on the recipe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15344[/ATTACH]

OGD 114 and EC12 store bottling. Time to fill back up on the daily drinks!

OFBB 09. Had seen this sitting on the shelves at one of my local stores for a while but for some reason assumed it was the '11 (which I liked less than other years I've tried) without actually looking closely at the label...glad it was still there!

Restocked on some bottles of WL12. Tried for some ECBP, but no luck.

Did end up picking up a Four Roses Secretariat. This was definitely an impulse buy for me.

Went out for some great live music last night. Across the street from the bar was a kinda shady liquor store I had picked up some Old Forester Prohibition pints a couple years back so I checked to see if there were any more left. Copped another two of those and grabbed a bottle of Lot B just for the hell of it. Sort of surprised to find VW in "the hood", haven't seen that happen in years.

Found a lone bottle of JPS 17 batch 5 at less than retail plus a 5% discount. That's first time I've ever seen anything besides batch 3 around here.

Found a HW 16 year old Rocky Mountain Rye. One of my favorites. I can't pass it up. I've been hunting for this for quite awhile and was able to score 2 in the past month.

Found a HW 16 year old Rocky Mountain Rye. One of my favorites. I can't pass it up. I've been hunting for this for quite awhile and was able to score 2 in the past month.

One of my favorite ryes as well. Seems like there's been more of it on the shelves around here recently.

i know of a local 21 year rocky mountain rye collecting dust. i don't like it enough to buy it.

That's some good whiskey. I'ld buy all they have. I generally like the 17 better than the 18 although there was a single barrel 18 on the Gazebo table that was KILLER!!!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!