What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally found 4R SB 2013. Sad that it took a road trip out of town to finally find. Hate you allocations!

Managed to luck out on two bottles of Handy at suggested retail pricing.

B

Was fresh out of EW BIB, so I grabbed some more. Also picked up some Georgia Moon, because why not.

Finally grabbed a bottle of regular old BT yesterday. Not sure why I've passed it by all this time, but I'm glad I pulled the trigger. I find it to be on par with EWSB in terms of taste and quality but for a few bucks less. Good stuff!

Eric

Good call. BT was my 'gateway' bourbon (and still one of my favs)... when I finally realized not all whiskey had to taste like gasoline mixed with piss (JD). ;)

Why not indeed, corn whisky is useful stuff to have around.

Pulled the trigger on a PHC Cognac Finish instead of buying multiple mid shelf bourbons.

Pulled the trigger on a PHC Cognac Finish instead of buying multiple mid shelf bourbons.

Great find. An excellent finished bourbon.

FR 1B LE 2012. My first single barrel. Seemed like a good place to start.

My brother found a FR1B2013 and a FR Secretariat for me. I know the Secretariat won't be sold in Michigan and I'm not encouraged that FR1B2013 will make it here either.

I'm not encouraged that FR1B2013 will make it here either.

The previous single barrel releases have made it to MI so I'd be surprised if this year's doesn't as well

Purchased an OWA TPS pick today. Love the OWA. Best bourbon for the money IMHO.

The previous single barrel releases have made it to MI so I'd be surprised if this year's doesn't as well

You are right. But the 2012 LE Small Batch didn't come to Michigan. And the 2013 LE1B still hasn't been added to the State's liquor control price list (at least not yet). I sent two emails to Four Roses and to the Michigan Liquor Control Commission in the last four months asking them to work together to ensure all future FR limited editions be sold in Michigan after 2012 LE Small Batch did not make the list. I did not receive a response from Four Roses. I did get one email response from the MLCC. Take it for what it's worth, but the MLCC email explained that the vendor has to initiate contact with the MLCC in order to distribute to Michigan - Michigan does not initiate contact with the vendor. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not encouraged that FR1BLE2013 will come to Michigan after we were shut out of FRSmBLE 2012.

Package arrived for me today with PHC6, OWA and Bernheim. Really excited to try the Bernheim out, cant wait for the weekend!

Stopped by HH and Willett on the way to the Derby and picked up a EC12 Gift Shop Single Barrel BP and a Willett 9 year. Looking forward to both of them. Lost my ass on the races, so i didn't spring for the 4RSB Secretariat Anniversary bottling.

Picked up a 2013 4R LE1B for $75. aged 13yr, OBSK recipe.

I had some 2012 OGD114 last week and I was floored by how good it was...I couldn't resist picking up a bottle for $19.50 today along with some New Glarus Spotted Cow! :)

I had some 2012 OGD114 last week and I was floored by how good it was...I couldn't resist picking up a bottle for $19.50 today along with some New Glarus Spotted Cow! :)

I am heartened to hear this. There's been some rumbling here on SB that current OGD (BIB & 114) is declining, that maybe the yeast isn't what it was, etc. I haven't picked up a new bottle as of late, but I'll do so with no worry with you and Squire still satisfied with the old orange gentleman.

I am heartened to hear this. There's been some rumbling here on SB that current OGD (BIB & 114) is declining, that maybe the yeast isn't what it was, etc. I haven't picked up a new bottle as of late, but I'll do so with no worry with you and Squire still satisfied with the old orange gentleman.
I hadn't seen anyone talking about the OGD114 declining...I've tasted it with many a people who's palates I trust and each of them commented that they felt that the OGD114 was better than ever!

Did a little dusty hunting this evening, really just had some time to kill and friend I was supposed to hang out with was sick so I hit a few shops within a couple miles of the house while out running errands, came up empty. Not sure how you guys do it, cause I hit some shady places.All that to say, I did grab a bottle of VOB 90 proof, since I haven't seen one around in a while. While checking out asked the clerk if they ever got a case of Evan Williams white label in and he said distributor doesn't carry it in Georgia (anymore? was it ever here?).Continued to give another shopkeep a hard time about his prized bottle of THH still on the back shelf for $130.

I hadn't seen anyone talking about the OGD114 declining...I've tasted it with many a people who's palates I trust and each of them commented that they felt that the OGD114 was better than ever!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!