What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Handle of weller 12 before any prices go up bourbon shortage press releases tend to be followed by price gouging. I also grabbed some age stated wsr an owa a ten high ten, larceny , 70s chicago blended scotch,

Four Roses Limited Edition Small Batch 2011.

Parker's Heritage Collection, Blend of Mashbills 66.6% ABV.

Paid 75 and 76, forget which was which.

My younger sister and I took the day off and went hunting in Northern Ky ending at TPS. Good haul and nice way to spend the day since she lives in DC and don't see her often enough.

The goods:

FR SB TPS Bottles, OBSF and OESF

OWA TPS Single barrel selection x6

Larceny x4

AAA 10 year

VOB BIB

OF BIB

Benchmark #8 because we sampled it and it was $8.99/750. X2

Edited by Old Dusty

A couple bottles of EC12 134.2 were delivered to the house today compliments of another sb.com member...thank you! :cool:

Picked up a bottle of Rittenhouse BiB to take as a sipper on the holiday weekend and grabbed a handle of JW Dant as I haven't seen it on the shelves here before. Never had the JW before, but for me most any HH offering gets bought at least once. Hoping I dig it.

Good Dant is good but the brand is a fairly narrow slice of the HH pie and I can't say it's really any different from some of the other grade Heaven Hill stuff.

Edited by squire

Good Dant is good but the brand is a fairly narrow slice of the HH pie and I can't say it's really any different from some of the other grade Heaven Hill stuff.
Pretty much what I'm expecting. I've got a EW BiB at the house that I want to try it side by side with. I'm not that good of a taster so I doubt I'll get much variation, which is fine. To my tastes most of their expressions are very good, especially for the price, with the special stuff like PHC and ECBP being exceptional.Thinking an EW BiB/JWD/Rittenhouse tasting is in my future all from HH (by way of BF for Ritt) and 100 proof, perhaps the rye will provide a nice contrast to differentiate the other two... I don't think I can lose :)

FR1BLE '13

Not sure if it was the second shipment or it just took them a really long time to stock the shelves. Either way, happy.

Wild Turkey 101 750 ml. It was on sale for $19.99, so I thought I'd finally pick one of these up.

I went to our Liquor Barn to grab a couple AAA 10yr and all but 2x 1.75L were gone! I went to my dusty spot and grabbed a couple 750s and the last JW Dant BIB from DSP-KY-2 that they had.

Wow, good day. DEPS ETL, ORVW 10/107, 2x TPS OWA #35, TPS John Bowman, Weller 12.

Wow, good day. DEPS ETL, ORVW 10/107, 2x TPS OWA #35, TPS John Bowman, Weller 12.

Hmm, ORVW in this neck of the woods? Let me know how the Deps ETL is. I was thinking of heading down to grab one this weekend.

Mike

Technically today I bought an AAA 10 year through kind facilitation of a Straight Bourbon member.

They also re-stocked my local store in a big way on Buffalo Trace products so I had to pick myself up a bottle of Eagle Rare, barrel selected by the local brewery. I'm not generally the hugest ER fan, but I figured I'd give it a try since the price was right.

Found a liquor store new to me in Owensboro, Ky today. It's called J's Liquors and The Cheese Shop. However the beer, liquor and wine selection is the main focus. Picked up fifths of Mellow Corn BIB, AAA 10 Yr, and Weller 12.

PHC Cognac, HW Boureye, and 2 OF 75th Anniversary Repeal bottles.

PHC Cognac, HW Boureye, and 2 OF 75th Anniversary Repeal bottles.
Maybe trips to visit the future in-laws should be scheduled at more frequent intervals?:lol:

A small local chain had WT101 for $13.99 and Rare Breed for $29.99. The RB was mis priced with an old ad sign. so I got lucky on that price.

Anyone know how to read the bottling date on the Rare Breed? I can up empty on searches: L8234FH0907

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!