What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

That's some good whiskey. I'ld buy all they have. I generally like the 17 better than the 18 although there was a single barrel 18 on the Gazebo table that was KILLER!!!

Yup, good stuff. I got lucky with that one and only wish I could have picked up more. Down to three bottles now.

That's some good whiskey. I'ld buy all they have. I generally like the 17 better than the 18 although there was a single barrel 18 on the Gazebo table that was KILLER!!!
Yup, good stuff. I got lucky with that one and only wish I could have picked up more. Down to three bottles now.

Are you guys talking about JPS? If so, yes it's good, but I've only had the retail 17yr. No single barrel stuff.

That 21 may have been my second fave on the gazebo table. Have one at home and no, I'm in no hurry to open it!

Yes. I brought a bottle of unfiltered Single Barrel to the gazebo. If you didn't get to try it I might bring more next time.

I bot a handle of Old Crow Reserve and 6 minis of Plymouth Gin for $14. Caveat - 4 of the minis were 1/2 empty, though unopened. Oops, and a 750 each of WT101 and EC12 @ good prices, too.

Edited by MauiSon

Went out for some great live music last night. Across the street from the bar was a kinda shady liquor store I had picked up some Old Forester Prohibition pints a couple years back so I checked to see if there were any more left. Copped another two of those and grabbed a bottle of Lot B just for the hell of it. Sort of surprised to find VW in "the hood", haven't seen that happen in years.

Was this over in the Smoketown area? I got my OF Prohibition pints there, but I wouldn't have expected Lot B to be there. Any left?

Yes, it was the place across from Smoketown USA. No, I'm pretty sure that was all they had.

Completely surprised to find a lone EC18 in town, and in a place that I have been to many times before. Not sure where it has been hiding, but happy to find it.

B

Evan Williams Single Barrel 2003, OGD BIB, and a bottle of High West Bourye.

Some tasty stuff!

Interesting to see a bar (The Passenger) selecting bottles for others to sell...? Never seen that before. Then again, maybe I need to make my way down there...

I found/bought an OWA 7yr. This is one of my favorite pours, so I buy it whenever I see it, which isn't often enough.

I was finally able to get my hands on a pair of ECBP. Had to ship em across the whole country but glad to finally land some.

Thought about posting this in the heebeegeebee thread...

XMCaxYHl.jpg

I don't think we get that around here. The backdrop is pretty cool too.

XMCaxYHl.jpg

:lol: I seen what ya done, there.. :lol:

:pope:

Make sure you put one in the fridge for Summer! Seriously, it's a great whiskey pulled from the fridge on a hot day.

:toast:

Talk about ironic,I guess Joe didn't notice his post was #666,there bumped it for ya!:grin:

Talk about ironic,I guess Joe didn't notice his post was #666,there bumped it for ya!:grin:

Yikes!!! :bigeyes: Now I really got the heebeegeebees!!! :lol:

Thanks for helping a brother out, Ryan.

That's a great-looking lineup! The availability of the 6yr BIB comes and goes around here, so I try to make sure I always have a backup waiting in the wings. Looks like you're good to go!

Just got back from shopping and picked up a couple family sized bottles of Barton while I was out.

:lol: I seen what ya done, there.. :lol:

:pope:

Make sure you put one in the fridge for Summer! Seriously, it's a great whiskey pulled from the fridge on a hot day.

I don't like cold bourbon Wednesday night at the sampler it was cold and Joe and I were out at the Gazebo to see if anyone would show up. My bourbon got very cold and I didn't like it very much.

Stopped off at my favorite store yesterday to see if they restocked on Weller 12. No such luck....so I picked up a bottle of Old Fo' Signature.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!