What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Got some great news at the salt mine today so stopped by the whiskey monger for something nice. PHC 2012 (I think? 69.7 pr) was my prize, not sure how easy these are to find, but if anyone in ATL is looking there were 2 more on the shelf.

Enjoying a pour now and its mighty fine

Thanks to a fellow SBer, picked up a bottle of Old Fitz SB masquerading as EWSB '02. It's good!

Got some great news at the salt mine today so stopped by the whiskey monger for something nice. PHC 2012 (I think? 69.7 pr) was my prize, not sure how easy these are to find, but if anyone in ATL is looking there were 2 more on the shelf.

Enjoying a pour now and its mighty fine

That particularly proof dump seems to have just hit town, I have seen it at a couple of places. With several of the first dump still stored away I haven't yet decided if I want to to take the plunge for this one too.

That particularly proof dump seems to have just hit town, I have seen it at a couple of places. With several of the first dump still stored away I haven't yet decided if I want to to take the plunge for this one too.
Its nice, I'm not sure if its as good as the previous ones as I haven't had those, but for a splurge I'm quite happy with it. Very tasty, and interesting with the rye start and wheater finish.

Walked into a rough looking shop today. This PVW15 was sitting on the top shelf, behind the clerk's head. The bottle code dates it to July of 2007, meaning it was probably part of the '07 fall Pappy release. Poor bottle had been sitting on the shelf long enough, so I gave him a good home.

Side note: thought about posting this in the dusty thread. The bourbon isn't a dusty but the price point is.

post-9966-14489819049928_thumb.jpg

Walked into a rough looking shop today. This PVW15 was sitting on the top shelf, behind the clerk's head. The bottle code dates it to July of 2007, meaning it was probably part of the '07 fall Pappy release. Poor bottle had been sitting on the shelf long enough, so I gave him a good home.

Side note: thought about posting this in the dusty thread. The bourbon isn't a dusty but the price point is.

Nice find. You've had a number of nice finds (07 OFBB, WSR, OCPR, etc.) all in Florida I presume. I must be looking in the wrong places.

For someone who's, in your words, "decent into bourbon" began began about three months ago you have educated yourself fast and are bringing home the prizes. Nice work.

My wife bought me some Four Roses Small Batch SE2012 today. My first 'special' four roses.

Wandering around downtown San Diego with my wife, spotted some ECBP. Picked up a single bottle as I have to fly home, left 5 more on the shelf for others.

Thanks to a fellow SBer, picked up a bottle of Old Fitz SB masquerading as EWSB '02. It's good!

I'm sure Ray says thanks! :grin:

I'm sure Ray says thanks! :grin:

Ray was nowhere to be seen on that day or I would have thanked him!

just picked up the last two bottles of V17 on the shelf at a local big box store in my area

already have a few in the bunker but I figured its wise to grab these as they have gone the way of the dodo bird

just picked up the last two bottles of V17 on the shelf at a local big box store in my area

already have a few in the bunker but I figured its wise to grab these as they have gone the way of the dodo bird

Scripted font or normal font?

Cheers

Hugh

Picked up a Weller 12 today. As I believe someone posted on here recently, it seems to be more available here in NYC now then in the past while it gets harder to find elsewhere. I'll just enjoy it while it lasts, and at $21.95, it's that much easier to do.

I was getting low on bubble wrap and packing pellets so I ordered a box full.

Took delivery today and look what else was inside.

Two bottles of the 2013 Four Roses Single Barrrel Limited Edition.

rsz_4r_001_zps7e76d8b0.jpg

Very nice Oscar. It's too bad we have to go outside Michigan to get our hands on 2013 FRLESB. Enjoy.

Took delivery of an ECBP today and 3 Weller 12's. Can't have too much Weller 12.

ECBP finally rolled into WV, and two bottles promptly rolled back out of the store with me.

FR LE 2013 single barrel and Secretariat x 2. I opened the Secretariat and put some notes under that thread.

Bought a 200ml of WT101 old #8. So, I have an '87 (8yo), '95 (#8), '09 (old label) and a '12 (new label) to complete my WT101 vertical.

Picked up a barrel select KCSB for just $31. It is usually pretty inflexible at $42 plus around here, so I felt compelled. But I broke my "nothing over ~$25, and usually nothing over $20" rule. I am not sure if I should feel ashamed. I am sure that I let squire down in any case.

*I mean it's good, I like it a lot, but I am still just not sure that it's 2.5+ times better than my $12 EW BiB.

Edited by CoMobourbon

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!