What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

/dons absconded goat-hair coat & says:

OGD114 isn't worth the gut in yer rot - nut'n to see here... move along, carry on...

/removes coat

Edited by ChainWhip

Did some hunting yesterday and picked up 2 handles of OGB 86 from 1990 and 2 750s of OGB 114 fromm 1988. Plus a PHC Golden Anniversary and, while not bourbon, a mini of Knob Creek Rye to try.

post-6471-14489818985591_thumb.jpg

Did some hunting yesterday and picked up 2 handles of OGB 86 from 1990 and 2 750s of OGB 114 fromm 1988. Plus a PHC Golden Anniversary and, while not bourbon, a mini of Knob Creek Rye to try.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15324[/ATTACH]

Nice finds Jwilly. The PHC Golden is the only one of the PHC's I don't have or tried. I'm jealous..:cool:

Picked this up recently at a very fair price based on what they are going for now.post-8860-14489818986155_thumb.jpg

post-8860-14489818986155_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15324[/ATTACH]

Today I purchased my first bottle of Elijah Craig 12. I tried some over the weekend and was seriously surprised at how good it was, especially considering the $24 price for a bottle. This and Larceny will be my regular pours for awhile.

I'm fairly new at Bourbon, so here's a question I've been meaning to ask. Where the hell do you guys find these older vintage bottles? I've never seen anything older than the current releases on the shelves at my local stores.

Poke around the site for the threads about "dusties" there are some "what did you find" threads and some threads devoted to tips on what to look for.

I'm fairly new at Bourbon, so here's a question I've been meaning to ask. Where the hell do you guys find these older vintage bottles? I've never seen anything older than the current releases on the shelves at my local stores.

Proud owner of a WLW '12 thanks to a kind soul who politely declined the arm I was willing to offer for it.

There is a few threads on this subject in the collectables forum

I purchased some more WTR101, a bottle of AAA 10star to compare to AA, a bottle of Fighting Cock, and some of my favorite rum, Zaya 12 yr. Nothing super over the top today.

I actually found OGD BIB and EW white label BIB today. Have never run into them around here so had to pick them up.

Going to be a fun evening.

Howdy,

This evening i bought Old forester Signature. It's my new favorite, with wonderful Butterscotch tones on the nose. Good stuff.

Grabbed some OFBB '11 at a good price. Of the six vintages I have, it's my favorite so far, but I'm still looking to try others.

Grabbed an WSR store selection from McScrooges last night. Had the old "aged 7 years" sticker on it. Cool to see their new selection is at least 7 years and age stated and it's cool to see Buffalo Trace let them sell it with that label on it.

Finally found a ECBP around here in DC (missed the MontCo allocation). Also picked up a 4R PS (OESF, 10y 4m)--thanks to the SBer's that gave some helpful info on the recipe.

post-8864-14489818993251_thumb.jpg

Finally found a ECBP around here in DC (missed the MontCo allocation). Also picked up a 4R PS (OESF, 10y 4m)--thanks to the SBer's that gave some helpful info on the recipe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15344[/ATTACH]

Let us know how that OESF is! :)

Finally got hold of some ewsb 2003 also got some ogd86 and frsmb looks like im going to have an interesting weekend trying these.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

New to SB but have been reading up. It seems OGD 114 seems to have quite a following. I saw a bottle today and figured why not? Looking forward to trying it

Let us know how the rebel reserve is. I bought a bottle of AAA that someone is bootlegging into their liquor store in Chicago.

I'll echo that request. I always pass on the Rebel Reserve because it's more expensive here than EC12 and WT101 - it's just a buck cheaper than Maker's Mark (on sale).

Hoping to grab a Weller 12 to replenish, sadly they were out. :smiley_acbt:

Happily, three ECBP came home to help smooth over my original disappointment. :grin:

B

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!