What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Found a JPS 18 collecting dust. Price was right too. Only $78. Cheapest I've seen for that. :-)

On a trip to New Zealand for the weekend and picked up a few things i can't get at home - a Wilett Rye, Johnny Drum and Heaven Hill 8yo. Will hopefully get something else duty free going back into Australia :)

Monster day, distillery tours and local shops;

EWSB 97' (still on sale in the HH gift shop, no idea why?), Bowman SmB, FRSBLE '13

Angels envy rye and two pints of old forester 75th anniversary of prohibition.

The AE rye is a winner and will definitely appeal to the fans of whiskys that do not taste like whiskey. It hides its 100 proof as well as anything.

I'd be interested in the 75th anniversary, don't get a shot at those around here.

Hit up some stores around town and picked up: VOB 86, Ritt BIB, OF Signature, Jim Beam Black.

Maybe trips to visit the future in-laws should be scheduled at more frequent intervals?:lol:

There's always bourbon in the Hoosierland!

I'd be interested in the 75th anniversary, don't get a shot at those around here.

Haven't tried it yet. According to chris morris, 10 years old and a completely different bourbon than OF/WR.

I picked up a couple bottles of Willett 21 year, barrel limited to 49 bottles. Still can't decide if I want to hold on to them or pass them on to friends.

Edited by elbowguru

Monster day, distillery tours and local shops;

EWSB 97' (still on sale in the HH gift shop, no idea why?), Bowman SmB, FRSBLE '13

Hey GG...not to pry but might be visiting a few distilleries at the end of the upcoming week, just curious what you paid for the EWSB and FRSBLE.

Thanks

Mike

A small local chain had WT101 for $13.99 and Rare Breed for $29.99. The RB was mis priced with an old ad sign. so I got lucky on that price.

I'm over in Indiana visiting friends. I stopped in a store to buy some beer. I have been in this store many times and the only bourbon I've ever bought were a few dusty EWSB's. So, I'm looking over the bourbon section. ..nothing. So I give it a second scan, which i always do..Bingo!..a '12 WLW and THH are on the top shelf. They are both coming home with me.

Wow! Those are incredible prices.

Yeah and the 1.75L WT101 was $19.99.

Grabbed an OGD BIB today.

Evan Williams Single Barrel, 10 years old and just bottled last month, according to the hand written label.

I've never had it before. I paid $28 for it.

Any body tried this?

Can't speak to the current bottle Alden but certainly can recommend the editions from previous years. Even if I had never heard of it a 10 year old carefully selected single barrel expression from a major house is surely worth $28.00.

Can't speak to the current bottle Alden but certainly can recommend the editions from previous years. Even if I had never heard of it a 10 year old carefully selected single barrel expression from a major house is surely worth $28.00.

That's what I thought too. Its proof is 86. Aren't SBs usually higher?

They choose 86 but yes, you can buy higher proof single barrel expressions for a higher cost and some of them won't even tell you where the whisky came from. In fact, traditionally Heaven Hill has been the largest producer of Kentucky made bulk Bourbon for years so it's a good chance that's what you're getting anyway from the NPP producers.

EWSB has been that away from the beginning (86.6 proof). Very good

3xW12 because BT's strange press release freaked me out. It has to be the next brand to get some bad news, be it going NAS, price hikes, or who knows. Also a Willett rye for a friend's bday.

Picked up a case of WSR for 23.99/handle while visiting Georgia. I know there have been sales in GA but since I pay $32+ in SC it was a deal to me. I would have bought more but that was all he had.

Picked up 4 RR 10 year on sale for $24.99, 1 Weller 12, 3 Rittenhouse BiB and a Larceny this weekend.

Went out shopping again today. This is what happens when my girlfriend leaves town for the weekend and I'm left to my own devices...

post-9213-1448981907312_thumb.jpg

post-9213-1448981907312_thumb.jpg

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!