Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Couldn't pass this up for the price.

[ATTACH]16207[/ATTACH]

How old is that bottle? Looks to be before the purchase by LVMH.

Not sure of exact year. Just did a little research and it could be as late as 2005. LVMH acquired Glenmorangie in 2004 but if I'm reading right it didn't change bottles/labels until 2008, hope someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The telling thing on this bottle is that it lists Brown-Forman as its importer, while LVMH discontinued using BF in 2005.

In other news from info on this page the juice inside might actually be 19years old.

http://members.home.nl/pretzels/whisky/whiskyG.htm

Picked up some The Balvenie 12 Year DoubleWood for $29.99 today. :cool:

Sheesh! Did it fall off a truck in Jersey???

Sheesh! Did it fall off a truck in Jersey???

They said they had purchased about 30 cases of it and are down to the last 3 and is selling right at cost to get cash to replace the flooring.

They said they had purchased about 30 cases of it and are down to the last 3 and is selling right at cost to get cash to replace the flooring.

Laphroaig Cask Strength and Ardbeg 10yr gift pack. Got the last bottle on the shelf of Laphroaig CS, no longer available in this state. Don't know if true but someone mentioned that CS is going away because of demand.

Was running errands and saw a little liquor store a few doors down from the place I was visiting. Figured i would take a peek and found a bottle of Ardbeg Alligator just sitting on the shelf all by itself. It was a good day!

Picked up a bottle of the Yamazaki 18yo today as it seemed to be a decent price. It may well have been from an early shipment (a wee bit dusty) with the older price still in place. Yamazaki seemed to have gotten hard to find for awhile but now is back although at a generally much higher price locally. I have had the 12 in the past and liked it so decided to give the 18 a try.

Knoppogue Castle 12 yr 1994 vintage ... from what I could gather online, distilled by Bushmills. Drier and with a slightly longer and more bitter finish than the Bushmill's 10; with a drop a water it is quite fruity.

Picked up a Talisker Distillers Edition TD-S: 50A as I continue to look for alternatives to the 18. If it is decent at little more than half the price that will be a positive. Past tastings of prior DE's suggest it tends to be sweeter thanks to the increased sherry influence which isn't likely to bother me!

Hidden

Glendronach 12 year, Aberfeldy 15 year 1991 by Gordon & MacPhail, and Talisker 10 year. Ended with a little splash of some Pyrat Cask 1623 rum.

The Talisker vertical Johnny posted in the Talisker FWOTM thread made me real thirsty! And then I spotted a Tally 25yo bottled in 2004 at cask strength (57.8%). Add in a price of $185.99 and it was all she wrote. Spendy to be sure but this one had to come home with me!

post-8493-14489819636755_thumb.jpg

I also picked up a Distillers Edition TD-S: 5NZ distilled in 2000 and bottled in 2011 to go with the DE TD-S: 50A from the previous post and a third DE (TD-S:5HT) I got recently in a Tally gift pack (I think from 1992 and bottled in 2005).

Time for my own vertical with maybe a horizontal and zig or a zag thrown in there for good measure!

Nice score @ a great price B! Cask strength too! I need to pick up one of those...

Looking forward to your vertical.

Nice score @ a great price B! Cask strength too! I need to pick up one of those...

Looking forward to your vertical.

Would love to do one tonight but I will likely hold off on this until I can gather a few like minded people. If I can't soon then the seal on the 25yo might spontaneously pop soon and I will be forced to try it! :grin:

A lovely oddity popped up in my local store...Auchroisk 30. Didn't spring for it at $275, but it's one to consider for a "halo" bottle.

I did bring home a couple Leapfrogs, though. Cairdeas Portwood and Cask Strength. One of these is getting cracked tonight!

A lovely oddity popped up in my local store...Auchroisk 30. Didn't spring for it at $275, but it's one to consider for a "halo" bottle.

Saw that yesterday when I picked up my Talisker 25 along with a handful of other high end bottles, some of which were well over $200.

post-8493-14489819644929_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489819647667_thumb.jpg

Lots of nice eye candy! The G&M Macallan's were interesting as was the Hermitage Wood finished Caol Ila (although Serge doesn't like it or red wine barrel finishes in general apparently). But I decided to draw the line with the Talisker.

I did bring home a couple Leapfrogs, though. Cairdeas Portwood and Cask Strength. One of these is getting cracked tonight!

I went to the local distributor to try to get the Cairdeas Portwood in Atlanta but that wouldn't even bring it into the state, much less give me a chance to buy it.

post-8493-14489819644479_thumb.jpg

post-8493-1448981964536_thumb.jpg

post-8493-14489819645908_thumb.jpg

post-8493-1448981964641_thumb.jpg

post-8493-1448981964674_thumb.jpg

post-8493-144898196472_thumb.jpg

Saw that yesterday when I picked up my Talisker 25 along with a handful of other high end bottles, some of which were well over $200.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16341[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16342[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16346[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16347[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16348[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16349[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16352[/ATTACH]

Lots of nice eye candy! The G&M Macallan's were interesting as was the Hermitage Wood finished Caol Ila (although Serge doesn't like it or red wine barrel finishes in general apparently). But I decided to draw the line with the Talisker.

I went to the local distributor to try to get the Cairdeas Portwood in Atlanta but that wouldn't even bring it into the state, much less give me a chance to buy it.

Damn Dr. Bruce: step up to the plate and swing for the fences brother. Can't wait to taste a couple of those malts.:lol:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16341[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16342[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16346[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16347[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16348[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16349[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16352[/ATTACH]

Very nice sir!! G&M has some nice stuff.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!