New Wild Turkey Product Fall 2013 - Forgiven

wadewood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Me thinks the two Rare Breeds that have been hanging out on a shelf near me for $29 may be coming home with me soon.

Good call Thad, probably the best they make today outside the hard-to-find and rather costly well-aged iterations (and even then I'm not sure).

Gary

Turkey is becoming a very pedestrian product line and we can see what happens to pedestrian turkeys below:

post-4654-14489819709827_thumb.jpg

:(

haven't seen this in California yet,

but due to these reviews Im happy I have 6 WTKS pewter tops bunkered

(i will probably still get at least one though)

Turkey is becoming a very pedestrian product line and we can see what happens to pedestrian turkeys below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16466[/ATTACH]

:(

and as I feel the same as your picture above, at the direction of the WT distillery, I always make a point of having a glass of WT 8 year as I pass these guys pulling into the property.

post-8988-14489819710152_thumb.jpg

Because all of our paletes are so different over the next several days there will numerous posts about how Forgiven is actually the new Holy Grail. Thats what makes us who we are, Bourbon lovers

Because all of our paletes are so different over the next several days there will numerous posts about how Forgiven is actually the new Holy Grail. Thats what makes us who we are, Bourbon lovers

Those posts always happen and I've come up with two reasons which are related. #1- some people just like everything. #2- All bourbon is pretty good (crafts excluded), so even bad bourbon is really good, it's just not good enough in comparison for most of us.

I just can't pour $54.00 down the drain so the last few days I've been chugging Diet Coke & Forgiven.

I just can't pour $54.00 down the drain so the last few days I've been chugging Diet Coke & Forgiven.

Well look at it this way, you have at least saved me $54.00. Thank you sir.

Perhaps a silly question, but is this objectively worse than a vatting of WT81 and WTR81? That'd be an interesting reverse synergy if so.

maybe save it for when guests come over, and spend more of your time with something you like?

OK, here's the quick review,....LAME.

Nose: Wishy-washy youngness with a hint of spearmint in the background.

Taste: Thin, quick, no boubon qualities at all, hard to describe, crappy weak mint upon entry, reminds of the god-awful WT Rye 81 but Forgiven is more drinkable but that ain't sayin' much.

Finish: What finish? It disappears fast, which actually ain't a bad thing.

So this is another of Eddie's babies eh?

Or is WT pinning the blame on Eddie?

I suppose for the next few years WT and everyone else is just going to release young watered down whiskies.

Hopefully by the time they get their aged stocks up they will let us have some.

Man, I am sorry to hear that you don't like it at all. You never really know until you try. Based on reviews, including yours, I will pass on it.

Oscar, just combine what you have with a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 or Rare Breed or both. You will have something much better IMO.

Gary

I'd like to try it still and also won't mind added the bottle to my bar. Any places in NY/NJ have this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

O was gracious enough to share some of this with me.

Tastes young and is overpriced. Pass.

This bottle seems like what is going wrong with the industry, the popularity is causing this explosion of gimmick storied and packaged whiskey that's overpriced. If your enthusiastic about spending money then this is the 'enthusiast' bottling for you!

This bottle seems like what is going wrong with the industry, the popularity is causing this explosion of gimmick storied and packaged whiskey that's overpriced. If your enthusiastic about spending money then this is the 'enthusiast' bottling for you!

Indeed, very well stated.

O was gracious enough to share some of this with me.

Gimmicky stories aside R, kudos to you and Oscar for forming your opinions of the whiskey after actually tasting it. :toast:

Indeed, good on y'all.

That being said I don't think it was that hard to reach an opinion on this one sans tasting once we found out exactly what was in it and the price they were asking.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an opportunity to taste this and the new WT Spiced over the weekend. While the Spiced was not good, I guess I'm in the very distinct minority when it comes to the Forgiven: I thought it was excellent. It was a very busy evening at the bar, but the owner sat down with me and let me try a pour of both. I thought Forgiven was really good, but perhaps all the negative reviews here had my expectations at zero. Don't know if I'd pay $50 for a bottle, but I also wouldn't mind having a couple on my shelf. I wish I'd had time to take detailed notes (or any notes at all, for that matter!), but I rated it a "buy."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.