What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sitting back with a big pour of Booker's. I'll probably only need one!

SB rip-off blend, 1:1 OWA and Old Fitz 12 year.

Hitting the spot. I also bought some ginger beer since its so hot, some Knob may have to go into that later.

Poured a WT 101 (bottled '05-gift pack with glasses) after nachos, wings and a beer at the neighborhood saloon with Mrs. Comp. The bird couldn't get off the ground, maybe it was the slice of watermelon I also had upon returning home, so I set the glass aside and switched over to a sip of El Dorado 15 and then some Arbeg 10. Followed up with some delish ORVW 10 (latest bottling) and then got back to finishing that WT 101 which is off the ground and soaring :grin:.

Edited by T Comp

Back home from the ballpark, listening to the post game on the radio with a big neat pour of 4R 120th.

It's Friday so I poured a little Old Grand Dad.

squire's daily post....... just fill in morning, lunch, dinner, day of the week, weather pattern, astrology sign, moon phase, venus retrograde, etc....

"it's ________ so I poured myself some OGD.

Edited by 393foureyedfox

Wrapping up a crazy week with High West APR followed by Elmer T. Lee. The ETL gets better with every pour.

Old Forester 86 proof from mid 90s. First bad bad pour I've had in awhile. Took it to a cookout so I was stuck with it unless I wanted to drink Lime-a-Rita's or white wine.

Lot B with a follow up of WTRB for the nightcap.

Fine finish for the end of the week.

B

BMH my first pour of this bourbon. I really like it. Very good neat and for me even better with one giant ice cube.

Yesterday I opened a bottle of Henry McKenna 10 year old B.I.B. I kind of wonder why this isn't more popular. Maybe they don't make much of it, or distribute it in many areas? 10 years old, single barrel, bottled in bond (100 proof); HH knows all the right words to put on a label to make me want to buy something. The best way I can describe it is; imagine a really good bottle of EWSB, except how it would be at 100 proof. ;)

Paul in our area we liked McKenna, just never seemed to buy it. I think it didn't stand out enough from the others to make it a favorite among our group. Had to be popular somewhere though to hang on as long as it did.

A healthy pour of Old Forester Signature...quickly becoming a house favorite!!!!

Wrapping up a crazy week with High West APR followed by Elmer T. Lee. The ETL gets better with every pour.

ETL always seems at its absolute best on the last pour.

What was bad about it bing?

probably the fact that is was 86 proof OF....

squire's daily post....... just fill in morning, lunch, dinner, day of the week, weather pattern, astrology sign, moon phase, venus retrograde, etc....

"it's ________ so I poured myself some OGD.

I was wondering if you found it too tannic or something like that, it's not known for mildness.

Just opened my frist bottle of Balcones Rumble. One shot neet and now over ice. Have a lot of inside chores for today.

Yesterday I opened a bottle of Henry McKenna 10 year old B.I.B. I kind of wonder why this isn't more popular. Maybe they don't make much of it, or distribute it in many areas? 10 years old, single barrel, bottled in bond (100 proof); HH knows all the right words to put on a label to make me want to buy something. The best way I can describe it is; imagine a really good bottle of EWSB, except how it would be at 100 proof. ;)

I agree. And at least in my area, all for under $30. These are good barrels, at a good proof, a good age, and BIB. It flies under the radar, but I always keep a few bottles around. Think I'll have some tonight.

Edited by jeffrey r

Tonight I will be sipping some AH Hirsch 16 and some Old Charter 13yo Proprietor's Reserve

Steffen

Tonight I will be sipping some Old Grand Dad.

I'm starting to wonder if you have these set to auto-post?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!