What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This can be done?

Software from the dark side of the internet, yes. Though imagine the SB fine print would quickly be modified. Would free up more time to enjoy your OGD though....

Couple of buddies came over last night and we put a hurting on my PHC blend of mashbills. Before they settled on that we had a bit of Mellow Corn, some Rittenhouse (DSP-354 that I picked up yesterday to replace last one, anyone seen DSP-1 in the wild?), Old Forester Signature, and a nice pour of OGD114 to me.It was a good night.

I shared a few pours of '12 SmB LE and EC18 with a local liquor store owner today and then spent way too much money,as usual.:rolleyes:

zyne5e6y.jpg

Tonight's bourbon lineup

1960s beam

"The Fox"

1972 Old Taylor BiB

86 proof Yellowstone

Some TPS Bowman SB. Not bad, but just not feeling it's worth the premium.

A tiny bit of OGD114 added into some soup and yummy! For both my wife and I.

Edit: started early today and its hot!

ECBP on ice

Lot B on ice

2x JPS18 neat

OGD114 in soup

Now OGD114 on ice

Edited by tigerlam92

OBSQ. Decided this is next on my hit list as I attempt to thin the herd. I truly enjoy it, but I'm itching to make room for more and better FR.

killed a bottle of CEHT Tornado. I was kind of surprised how much I liked this bottle. Glad I have another to take its place.

A little Knob Creek, followed by WL12, followed by HH 6 YR BIB.

that sounds good, but i'd reverse the order!

Last night a Private Selection OBSK. Very tasty at barrel strength on a giant cube.

Finally getting a whiskey club off the ground. Here's the lineup for the first meeting.

post-9014-14489819353908_thumb.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to enlighten some new people to the value pours that are available.

Ya know what's most awesome about it to me? Remove the Taylor, and you don't even have a hundred bucks total invested, and 6 wonderful whiskies. Truth be told, my personal ratings would probably put the Taylor in last place anyways.

Have a good one!

:toast:

Thanks guys! A lot of the fellas coming are lawyers/politicos so I'm leading with the argument that the Bottled-in-Bond Act of 1897 is the most benevolent thing our government has done :D I also wanted to include a Taylor to have a BT product in the mix and to highlight Taylor's role in the BIB movement. Hopefully there will be some enthusiasm and we'll do something like single barrels next time.

Finally getting a whiskey club off the ground. Here's the lineup for the first meeting.

[ATTACH]15901[/ATTACH]

Hopefully I'll be able to enlighten some new people to the value pours that are available.

thats a good selection for basics, and nothing to scoff at for everyday stuff either.

as a side note....

squire, youd be proud. your daily pours of OGD BIB finally inspired me to buy some. I stopped in and picked up a 200mL bottle today, just to try it. If i dont like it ( i love the 114, so how could i not?), im only out $5.

plus, it'll make a good disposable flask for smuggling into movies/bars/etc when finished!

i'll post my opinions on it later

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!