What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some Bowman small batch after sitting in sun at AAA baseball game.

Sipped a little Ritt while grilling a leg of lamb. Continued with Dickel 12 during and after the meal. Always wonder why I don't drink more GD--always much more OGD. But it's hard to get everything I like into the rotation.

Had some OGD BIB last night --- really starting to pick out the vanilla and orange (orange peel maybe?) flavors. Great stuff.

The bottle's almost gone though, gonna have to restock soon.

Ezra Brooks SB 12, 99 pf $32 - first pour - initial reaction is this is very similar to EC12 and would be tough to differentiate side by side - maybe slightly less spicy, more creamy, and a bit more prickly on the back of the tongue. Slightly more tannic/bitter on the finish but only slightly.

Sipping on some early 90's Old Forester 100 proof. Hoping it will help put a dent in today's heat. It's 105 today in lovely Austin, TX.

108 here with the usual 80+ percent humidity.

OF 100 sounds good. Maybe I'll pour some after a beer.

Brethren, it's been a hell of a week.

The Bruins let a crucial game slip by basically faceplanting instead of protecting their lead at the end of the third period. Congratulations Blackhawks and their fans, that was a great series. The Bruins played a great postseason, but fell short at the final hurdle trying to live on to a game 7.

The fiscal year at my office officially closes on June 30th. Makes for crazy time at work. So does having a consultant in with me at my desk, cramming a week and a half worth of work into three days. No spirits all week as I needed every ounce of awakeness and brain power for work.

Yesterday afternoon, DW texted me and told me to go look at the business newswire. This could mean only that either her company was declaring bankruptcy and going out of business, or they were being bought up by another company. It was the latter. Changes are on the way, and the signs don't look exceptionally positive. We got to sleep early, and I went in to the office with her at 5am to help set up for the big all-hands meeting.

So now I'm sitting out in the screen porch with my feet up, enjoying a hefty, generous pour of WTRRSBSB on ice, cooling down, unwinding, and thinking about sleep soon. Tomorrow we help some long-time family friends pack up their house, as they're downsizing and moving to an apartment nearby.

Maybe I'll have a second pour...

That's quite a few resting in the fire... Best wishes for some good news in the mix.

I started Friday a bit late with some OGD114, then a 1:1 SB blend, and a 2:1 ECBP/EC12

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!