What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Summer 2013

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

And the conversation with the State Trooper will be memorable.
:grin: Yeah, I thought about that. I won't drive if I have been drinking. I will drink those tiny samples they give you at the distilleries and that's it. I was surprised that I didn't smell the bourbon more than I did. Maybe another day or two.

I was perusing this bottle earlier, and discovered that the Vintage Dating indicates that it's 12 yr - 2 mos old. Barreled April 2001 Bottled June 2013. My Georgia HH guy confirmed that it's correct. But, isn't the reason why they call it EWSB 2003, is because that's the year it was barreled? Weird...

Upon further review, the barrel date is 4-1-2001...I saw some bottles in another city, and they were barreled on 4-1, as well...of course, this is April Fool's day...Maybe, this is Heaven Hill showing their sense of humor? :lol: Kinda cool, if so! The April Fool's Day bottle...;)

Upon further review, the barrel date is 4-1-2001...I saw some bottles in another city, and they were barreled on 4-1, as well...of course, this is April Fool's day...Maybe, this is Heaven Hill showing their sense of humor? :lol: Kinda cool, if so! The April Fool's Day bottle...;)

:lol::( Does this mean I don't have a mistaken 12 year? I haven't opened it to compare and I like EWSB just fine, just wouldn't have bought another if I didn't think it was special.

:lol::( Does this mean I don't have a mistaken 12 year? I haven't opened it to compare and I like EWSB just fine, just wouldn't have bought another if I didn't think it was special.

No, I do think it's 12 yr. The "Fools" part is that it wasn't barreled in 03 like the front label says. The people I've talked with at HH have confirmed it's 12 yr old whiskey. They explained it just like Gary theorized earlier; you can go "older", just not younger than an age statement. BTW, is yours 4/1, also? And, in what state did you find it?

I saw several EWSB '03 on the shelf yesterday but they were all barreled in '03. I didn't notice the barrel number.

My whiskey monger hooked me up with a pair of 2013 OFBB's today.

Today was a slower day than yesterday. I got a bottle of FR 2013 LE Small Batch. I had the opportunity to purchase it and sample it at the Four Roses lunch today. It was damn good. Great finish. I wish I could compare it to the 2012 but I never got my hands on that.

I've been looking at the back of every EWSB13 I see, but no luck so far.

Same here. One of the larger shops in Louisville had new stock on the shelf from my last visit....1 day older than the age statement. Ah well, still a good value.

I've been looking at the back of every EWSB13 I see, but no luck so far.

If you've already made it to the bluegrass, you won't find the 12 year old stuff. On a positive note, everything you will see is 10 and change!

Hit a couple of liquor stores in a neighboring community I've never been to before (for once I left early on my way to my monthly poker game). Pretty nice selection in one of them. Picked up a WT Rare Breed ($33) and EW Single Barrel ($25), both decent prices for around here. The WTRB was the last one on the shelf, and I left only one EWSB. Haven't opened either one yet.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!