What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

^let us know if that's true, I suspect that's a bit of an urban legend that got passed around. Yes, there was a hand-picked McKenna that resembled PHC's profile but intuitively I feel like there's no way they can be that close.

Kinda cliche but I'm sipping on some VOB BIB tonight (age stated of course) trying to decide if I should get more. I was just in Eugene looking at a big pile of it thinking "hmm, this is a really good bourbon for next to nothing. Hope they don't change it."

I had a store selection of the EWSB 2003 this year that I found to be very close to the profile of the PoH. It's why I've passed on the PoH to this date. It's good, but I've struggled to get around the $60-70 price difference. I get the good cause thing, but I'm glad I could contribute to it through other means.

More PHC 7th tonight, it's the only bottle I opened on this trip. It's such a complete bourbon, I will have to open my Henry McKenna SB and see if the profile is as similar as some say. If it is, I will be buying a lot of McKenna SB.

That would be interesting. I find Henry McKenna to be fairly close to HH 6 YR BIB but for 3x the price.

EC21 barrel#100. I'm loving this way more than I thought I would. Shockingly sweet and graceful, given the age. And the fact that I got it for free is even better.

Revisiting some FR 125th. It has been about a month since my last pour of this fine dram. It was reinforced at why this is American whiskey of the year.

EC21 barrel#100. I'm loving this way more than I thought I would. Shockingly sweet and graceful, given the age. And the fact that I got it for free is even better.

Had a couple of ETL pours with my son; we really dig this one. Gonna save my only bottle of FR 125 LE SmB for Christmas Eve when we're all together.

Sipping on some W12 as a night cap.

Firm Xmas party has Weller 12 at the well pour. Here we go!

Lucky! All we had was Beam White Label. I am sure that my company paid 3x the regular price. Some pours were 4 fingers with no ice. I couldn't drink them. I like bourbon but enough is enough.

Lucky! All we had was Beam White Label. I am sure that my company paid 3x the regular price. Some pours were 4 fingers with no ice. I couldn't drink them. I like bourbon but enough is enough.

Ours was at some weird Lexington secret society place. The partners kept telling me they were loving the bourbon and I was like "god damn right you do!" I wasn't a great ambassador except I drank a million drinks.

just got off work and am having a sip of two of my current favorites, KCSB and Dickel 9. I have to say, I think I prefer the Dickel

or maybe I am just vitamin deficient

the KCSB has a fuller taste profile and a bit 'hotter', but not as much as you'd expect for 17 proof points difference.. The Dickel 9 has this superb overall profile, with that aftertaste that just holds on forever. both are 9 years old, and both are great in their own right

Id be forever happy with just these two though.

Edited by 393foureyedfox

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!