What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Pretty good description Ryan.
Thanks Joe,and I'm really milking both of them because I didn't exactly get to bunker much of either one.

Spent the night with a couple healthy pours of the Four Roses 2012 Small Batch. It struck me as being really fruity sweet tonight, but complex and dynamic for sure. Every sip seemed to bring a different component forward. A pretty amazing finish above all. I tried a couple drops of water with the second glass and that was still good, but I prefer this neat. Florid, chocolatey, with a perfect dose of wood, just a bit light on the spice I love in Four Roses, but it was still there, popping in occasionally. Cheers everyone!

Saz18 2013 with a splash of THH 2011 to bump up the proof a bit. Very tasty!

Huh, that sounds like a great idea! I need to crack a Handy.

Moving on to some Rock Hill Farms. Can't quite put my fingers on this one. One pour, I really don't like it. Another, it's nice. Kind of a minty thing going on that I have to be in the mood for, I guess. Tonight, I'm liking it.

Good to know! Definitely replacing the OGD 114 after the holidays, and will have to experiment with a couple different mingles.

After a longass day, one of my favorite budget pours, Old Ezra 7 yr 107. Solid. Solid. Solid.

After a longass day, one of my favorite budget pours, Old Ezra 7 yr 107. Solid. Solid. Solid.

I love that stuff. I really can't believe there are mixed opinions on it

Thanks Joe,and I'm really milking both of them because I didn't exactly get to bunker much of either one.

Well, you know a guy.

I love that stuff. I really can't believe there are mixed opinions on it

sometimes I like it, sometimes, I don't. It's one of the few that I waffle on

dram of rowan's creek followed by a quick recheck drammie on the orvw90 I initially thought was spoilt. this time though plums were dancing in my mouth, aftertaste shows a lot of wood still (10mins approx after last sip).

Mmmmmmm waaaaffles

Bingy, gotta say that I've always thought that your avatar was your mom, but I saw the photo pop up on buzzfeed and it ruined it for me a bit.

Bingy, gotta say that I've always thought that your avatar was your mom, but I saw the photo pop up on buzzfeed and it ruined it for me a bit.

Ive always wondered what the pic was but didnt want to ask......

aftertaste shows a lot of wood

theres a joke in there somewhere.......

was at a freinds b-day party tonight and the hosts are whiskey drinkers, but usually only keep ET and OF86 on hand. I chose the lesser of the evils and tried a sip of the Forester.....I just don't get how this stuff continues selling.

another attendant brought a cognac finished tequila for sampling. There's just not much of an effective way to mask the taste of tequila.....

I just grabbed a pepsi instead

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!