What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

maybe next time you buy one, take it to the car, crack it open and have a sip.....if it's that one in 5, go back and clear the shelf. theres likely some mark or laser etch on the bottle that will at least tell the date it was bottled. if the others on the shelf have that date, its likely the same batch. go from 1 in 5 to 5 in 5!

Got some samples of stuff I've never tried in today. Having a 1 oz pour of late 50s Original Proof Weller's original and some V23 rye. The Weller is like nothing I've ever had before. In a good way. Very good way.

Moved on to some OGD 114 to warm me up this chilly evening while watching The Big Bang Theory with the wife.

Enjoying a nice pour of WFE 8-Yr (117 proof) that I picked up this evening from my main liquor store. It is awesome!

Having my first pour of Old Charter 10, from a handle that I recently picked up. I was curious to see if I should bunker another handle or two before it disappears. I like it. Has some character, some sweetness, some oak. I also poured myself some AAA 10 Yr, and I think I might prefer the OC10. If I am perceiving it correctly, the AAA is a bit dryer, the OC 10 a bit sweeter. Taste similar though.

At $30 for a handle, I think I'll bunker some of this for posterity and some pretty good cheap drinking.

EC12 year. It has a special label stating it was bottled specifically for "Oklahoma Bourbon lovers" and I've been told by the store owner it is actually a single barrel. Not sure why it was done, but it is tasty. Good thing is it didn't cost any more than just the standard EC12yr.

EC12 year. It has a special label stating it was bottled specifically for "Oklahoma Bourbon lovers" and I've been told by the store owner it is actually a single barrel.

Did he tell you how the barrel was selected.

Did he tell you how the barrel was selected.

I can't remember specifically, but I don't think the store selected it. I think it was the distillery or distributor (if possible). Also because I've seen it at 2 separately owned stores here.

Now, the store I bought this from did select their own barrel of Evan Williams for a single barrel bottling and had special labels made..haven't tried that one yet.

Enjoying a nice pour of WFE 8-Yr (117 proof) that I picked up this evening from my main liquor store. It is awesome!

New batch/selection, or just finally picked up?

New batch/selection, or just finally picked up?

I don't think it is new. Not sure though. It is barrel #6090.

Finishing up the last of some EH Taylor Tornado, compliments of a kind SB'er sample pack. Really enjoying the pour, but probably wouldn't go out of my way to track down a bottle (assuming I could find one on a shelf still).

AAA (10 yr). Sweet floral sourwood and a bit dry (but not too dry). The wood influence gives way to a bit of subtle spice that gently rises, lingers briefly and slowly fades away. A garden plundering bee could not be more pleased....than me.

Doing a world tour tonight. Some English ale, Redbreast 12 CS, and finishing up with an old Russell's Reserve 10yr 90 proof that I found at a ghetto store a few weeks ago.

my taster is working again!

we were at a B&B last week and an elderly couple, who were quite hammered, were sitting by the fireplace and offered me some of what they had. I had never had it before....Drambouie (however you spell that). It was like honey licorice, and I do NOT like licorice.

tonight, I can actually enjoy what Im drinking again. I havent had a cold, but my taste buds were off the last few days. so, I am enjoying my Dickel 12 and Dickel 9/103 again.

I keep thinking I better load up on the 9/103, as much as I like it, and that its not a regular find anywhere but the big stores, and even then, who knows for how long.

Some Stagg Jr, i sampled it when it came out...didn't care for the acidic shock. Having added some serious ice to my glass, it still kicks hard but was better than i remembered.

Pour of Buffalo Trace before deer spaghetti. And a pour of Weller Special Reserve after dinner. Still trying to convince myself that I need to try 4RSmb and/or 4RSB...I'm a tight wad...:rolleyes:

Some current WT101 followed by some Henry McKenna SB - the McKenna didn't seem as full tonight - amazes me how your tastes can change from one night to the next. Two nights ago I thought this bottle of McKenna was one of the best bourbons I've ever had, tonight, ... not so much.

im corn-ing it tonight.

had some Mellow Corn while making a custom EFI wiring harness this afternoon, just had some Dickel 12, and now having some more awesome Dickel 9/103.

I could get used to this......

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!