What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finishing a glass of Dickel 12. Not doing it for me at all, already thinking of ways to lighten the bottle. A switch to OGD BIB is delightful.

Finishing a glass of Dickel 12. Not doing it for me at all, already thinking of ways to lighten the bottle. A switch to OGD BIB is delightful.

try mixing the two. im having a 50-50 mix of OGD 114 and Dickel 12 right now, and its not bad at all. the 114 could use a little sweetening, and the D12 could use a little depth, and seem to balance decently.

PHC 7th. Fresh bottle. Poured two fingers in a rocks glass, left it on a desk and it has filled a small room with the scent of wonderful bourbon... yet the flavor is dull. All the right notes, but it falls a bit short. I'm hoping this opens up with air because the nose is outstanding.

a unusual ER10 last night that has a really damp, funky, forest floor thing going on-earthy and composted.

The misses made a comment on her disapproval of the smell of this one, but yet, it's strangely alluring.

B

a unusual ER10 last night that has a really damp, funky, forest floor thing going on-earthy and composted.

The misses made a comment on her disapproval of the smell of this one, but yet, it's strangely alluring.

B

Sounds like they poured a Scotch into that ER10. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ORVW 10/107 then Stagg Jr and now JPS 18.

JPS 18 so good, nice and easy.

Hugh, curious on your JPS batch#.

50:50 WT NAS w/ WTRRSmBSB - better than either alone and with a teaspoon of water opens up and fruit/honey come to balance the spice/heat.

OGD BIB while I await my friends arrival to go see Anchorman 2. A simple but yummy bourbon for what should prove to be a simple but hilarious evening.

Tough day of sampling....4R's YL, SmB, SB, OBSO, OBSK, OBSQ, WT's RB and RR rye (all before lunch)!

That's a lot of samples. Sounds fun though! At a store?

OGD BIB while I await my friends arrival to go see Anchorman 2. A simple but yummy bourbon for what should prove to be a simple but hilarious evening.

It'd take the whole bottle to make a Will Ferrel movie funny

I'm sipping on some 2012 Handy with a splash-- darn good juice!

Spicey, but with plenty of caramel sweetness, and more wood than past years (a plus for my palate!).

That's a lot of samples. Sounds fun though! At a store?

Fun day touring at 4R and WT. So much so that I had to cut myself off at 11:30 am!

i was working in the garage late tonight when i remembered the case of KCSB I had out there and brought one into the house with me. I havent had any in a few months. damn this stuff is good! I am prepared if another KC drought hits.....but would still buy more if i find another deal.

More PHC 7th tonight, it's the only bottle I opened on this trip. It's such a complete bourbon, I will have to open my Henry McKenna SB and see if the profile is as similar as some say. If it is, I will be buying a lot of McKenna SB.

^let us know if that's true, I suspect that's a bit of an urban legend that got passed around. Yes, there was a hand-picked McKenna that resembled PHC's profile but intuitively I feel like there's no way they can be that close.

Kinda cliche but I'm sipping on some VOB BIB tonight (age stated of course) trying to decide if I should get more. I was just in Eugene looking at a big pile of it thinking "hmm, this is a really good bourbon for next to nothing. Hope they don't change it."

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!