What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OFBB'13 I've never had this or even seen a bottle in person, so I didn't mind forking over the $55 for the opportunity.

Grabbed a couple of bottles of 4RSB - Private Selection, Barrel Proof (OBSV, 123.8%) for $44.99.

Edited by SLOandSteady

Went searching for BTAC and ended up with pappy... 2x10, 2x lot B and a 20

Glorious... I wouldn't complain!

Picked up a 1.75 of EW 1783 for $25. This expression has just started to be distributed in MN and this is the first 1.75 I have spotted. Was stoked because the 1 L versions I have found are about $19+.

Yesterday, got a WLW, Saz18, PVW15, and VWFRR

and a special thanks to a fellow SBer for a very helpful tip!

Matthew, that's what I call a good day of shopping.:grin:

Got my first Bourye in the wild today. Extremely excited to crack it open.

You're on fire! Without giving away your secrets...small town shop who didn't know what they had, or larger store with deep shelves?

You're on fire! Without giving away your secrets...small town shop who didn't know what they had, or larger store with deep shelves?

Yeah, I was curious too. I live in a different state but so I am living vicariously through you.

Willingness to drive a long ass way, a ton of luck, and a wife who has a lot of patience.

Really, I've had little luck with much else other than FR125 but have seemed to find a lot of that. The Bourye was a bonus.

Won a lottery that gave me that opportunity to buy 1 bottle of

-WLW

-GTS

-ER17

-Sazerac 18

-Thomas Handy

-Lot B

-ORVW 10

-VWFRR

-PVW 15

Ended up going with the PVW 15, although it was hard to pass up the the VW Rye

Yesterday, I bought a bottle of George Dickel 9 year Hand Selected Barrel (103 proof) from my favorite store. It came with a little medallion with the name of the store and the barrel number. Pretty neat.

I've always had a bias against Tennessee whiskey, but my experience has been limited to the Jack Daniels product line. This bottle of Dickel is my first but I enjoyed my first pour quite a bit. I found that a tiny splash of water really opened it up to reveal a nice combination of caramel, vanilla, and butter. A nice long finish completed the experience.

I will be heading back to the store to add a few bottles to my stash (I don't own enough to refer to it as a "bunker").

I need to also get a bottle of No. 12 to use as a reference point.

Yesterday, I bought a bottle of George Dickel 9 year Hand Selected Barrel (103 proof) from my favorite store. It came with a little medallion with the name of the store and the barrel number. Pretty neat.

Dan, I'm planning on getting one of those this week. Glad it gets your seal of approval.

I've always had a bias against Tennessee whiskey, but my experience has been limited to the Jack Daniels product line. This bottle of Dickel is my first but I enjoyed my first pour quite a bit. I found that a tiny splash of water really opened it up to reveal a nice combination of caramel, vanilla, and butter. A nice long finish completed the experience.

I will be heading back to the store to add a few bottles to my stash (I don't own enough to refer to it as a "bunker").

I need to also get a bottle of No. 12 to use as a reference point.

i havent seen any store selected Dickel, just the 8 and 12. Ive actually not tried and JD or GD before anyway, but i would try one if i found a 100+ proofer. I'll have to keep an eye out for it

i havent seen any store selected Dickel, just the 8 and 12. Ive actually not tried and JD or GD before anyway, but i would try one if i found a 100+ proofer. I'll have to keep an eye out for it

The bottle is what I noticed first, but the higher proof is what got me to pull the trigger.

The bottle is what I noticed first, but the higher proof is what got me to pull the trigger.

ive always been curious to try some Tenn Whiskey, but at the typical proofs, i always walk past it. ive seen the typical 8, 12, and cascade hollow, but nothing else. then again, i havent looked in the 'specialty areas' that they might have placed it either, as i didnt notice until recently that this was even offered. ive considered the 90 proof, but always get something else. 103 proof would get me to try it though

Decided to stop at TPS, since I was heading to the Cincy area to visit family. Surprised to see 2 AB Gingerbread finished sitting on the shelf. SOLD!!

Decided to stop at TPS, since I was heading to the Cincy area to visit family. Surprised to see 2 AB Gingerbread finished sitting on the shelf. SOLD!!

Great catch! Be sure to share your thoughts. That one sounds very good.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!