What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Damn! Now that's some Old Scout. That from a KY store?
It's not...I'm sure there are multiple Kenwood stores around the country. 8yr 124.2pr bourbon that IMO is better than Stagg Jr for $34...ah yeah...I'll take 12! :)

Looks like Kenwood, so yup. Nice haul!

Google must be confused, it's pointing out a rough looking shop on Southside drive in Louisville?

It's not...I'm sure there are multiple Kenwood stores around the country. 8yr 124.2pr bourbon that IMO is better than Stagg Jr for $34...ah yeah...I'll take 12! :)

Got it. Thanks. I've enjoyed the 7yr SA, May need to find some 8yr to compare.

I picked up 6 bottles of Knob Creek Single Barrel for 19.99 each. With many clamoring for Stagg Jr. and EC Barrel Proof I think the KCSB gets overlooked. At 19.99 its a slam dunk, but even at around $40 I think its a solid value given the current market for higher proof bourbons. The bottles/drinks I've had have been pretty consistent too.

if there was a Merwins in KY, id be there clearing the shelf again. they have KCSB on sale for $19.98. apparantly, theyre only in the upper midwest (IA, MN, etc)

dammit

at that rate, im thinking leaving them on the shelf makes sense

Except that I'm mainly a scotch drinker and in this state, $120 (after tax) barely gets you an Oban 14 or a Glenfiddich 18 so for limited, long aged, barrel proof bourbon it does not seem too bad. I just have to forget that I got the exact same bottle of 2012 Stagg when I was in KY last year for $69.99 + 8% sales tax...

Edited by MtnDew

if there was a Merwins in KY, id be there clearing the shelf again. they have KCSB on sale for $19.98. apparantly, theyre only in the upper midwest (IA, MN, etc)

dammit

Thats where I got it! I opened a bottle last night and it tastes great.

Thats where I got it! I opened a bottle last night and it tastes great.

id go back and clear the shelf if i were you. it looks like their site says theyre d/c-ing it

id go back and clear the shelf if i were you. it looks like their site says theyre d/c-ing it

I think this guy wants you to go back and clear the shelf.

6 bottles is about my limit - my liquor cabinet is about full and I don't need any more than I can fit in there. Even in the event of a zombie apocalypse it should last me about as long as I'm likely to survive.

A case of Stagg Jr. today.

IMG_1839_zps00e4f58a.jpg

Are you the only one in NH who drinks bourbon? Between the BTAC and the Stagg Jr i am both impressed and convinced i should move.

Are you the only one in NH who drinks bourbon? Between the BTAC and the Stagg Jr i am both impressed and convinced i should move.

Apparently, or a least the only one paying close attention to what's available.

Ted

Apparently, or a least the only one paying close attention to what's available.

Ted

Hey, all that much better for you! :grin:

Thanks to a good friend, got these two weeks ago.

Some 4RSmbLe 2013 and some really special Willet! Almost finish off a bottle of the four rose already.

apynutu7.jpg

Also bought a case of the very good EC GS BP 64.8. Already went through two bottles of these!

u3a6e2eg.jpg

jave5eme.jpg

ive seen several people mentioning Willett FE bourbons lately, have they just released some? yours looks like some 12 and 20 year....too old for me, but when the 6-9 year old gets released, i wanna know!

Stopped at a local store to pick up some beverages and for giggles asked if they got in any of the BTAC. Guy says "I do have one" and pulls out a Sazerac and asks if I'm interested. Uhhh, yes! Wild as that is always the one I have the most trouble finding. Was a good Friday.

A PHC7. I know the reviews have not been very favorable but I've never had a PHC and thougth what the heck it's for a good cause.

I think this guy wants you to go back and clear the shelf.

If I could get it at that price, I would certainly clear the shelf.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!