What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

pretty crowded when we were there. Saw a couple of fellow SBers. They had Mr. Rutledge behind the counter pouring a selection of single barrel store picks and then separate stations pouring the 2013 SmB LE and the regular FR lineup. They also had a craft cocktail station and a water and light snacks table. Very nice and well thought out.

Just curious. Did you like any of the store picks? I thought the high rye "B" recipes were pretty good. I got to try the "F" yeast for the first time.

pretty crowded when we were there. Saw a couple of fellow SBers. They had Mr. Rutledge behind the counter pouring a selection of single barrel store picks and then separate stations pouring the 2013 SmB LE and the regular FR lineup. They also had a craft cocktail station and a water and light snacks table. Very nice and well thought out.

Glad you got to go. Figures that this would happen after we leave. Boo!!!

Just curious. Did you like any of the store picks? I thought the high rye "B" recipes were pretty good. I got to try the "F" yeast for the first time.

Yes. Tried the OBSK and my friend bought one.

Glad you got to go. Figures that this would happen after we leave. Boo!!!

Brian, sorry you missed it but I'm thinking you won't miss another Indiana winter which seems to be coming early-snow flurries this morning.

Saw an Abraham Bowman 'Last Millennium' on the shelf, thought about it for a while, talked myself out of it, then walked back and bought it.

Out early this morning and back home (vacation this week).

Evan Williams 1783 has been availavle in MI for about a year now and today I finally picked one up.

At $16.99 plus sales tax ya can't go wrong.

The first EW 1783 for me in about 6 or 7 years.

Saw an Abraham Bowman 'Last Millennium' on the shelf, thought about it for a while, talked myself out of it, then walked back and bought it.

Great. Now all you have to do is open it and come over. Got me a WL Weller, a stagg and ECBP batch 2

Last night I went back to the honey hole.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?19590-What-Bourbon-Did-You-Purchase-Today-Spring-2013&p=346696&viewfull=1#post346696

I had high hopes before I entered, but I also knew that I should keep the excite in check.

Still had most of what I reported before.

Ended up picking up a

EWSB 02 store barrel

FRLESB 2012 x2- Can't wait to open this! Barrel proof OESK greatness!

and a lone PHC Golden.

I know I don't need another Golden to add to the bunker, but just can't pass it up.

Can't wait till I plunder it again.........Yes, there still is more.......

B

Received an inadvertent tip, called a store, got their last bottle of 2013 FR LE SmB. Friend picked it up for me last night. I love it when it all comes together.

Just snagged a bottle of BTAC WLW ... Have one from last year that I am excited to try "head-to-head". Paid $76 which seemed very reasonable. Picked up some "fighting cock" and weller 12 while I was at it.

Went to a store where the asshole owner didn't put prices on anything in the case and just made up numbers based on whatever he wanted. Thus the $80 OFBB. I asked him if he had any FRLESmB 2013 and he cackled at me and told me I wouldn't find anywhere in that city. I left vowing never to go back.

Then found the FR at the store down the street. And a WT Rye 101

Are you sure you weren't shopping around my hood? :skep: I know a couple of assholes like that around here.

Glad you found some!

Went to a store where the asshole owner didn't put prices on anything in the case and just made up numbers based on whatever he wanted. Thus the $80 OFBB. I asked him if he had any FRLESmB 2013 and he cackled at me and told me I wouldn't find anywhere in that city. I left vowing never to go back.

Then found the FR at the store down the street. And a WT Rye 101

Should of went back and said... Lookie what I found!!

Finally picked up Angel's Envy. Read so much about it and heard good things from a few friends. Also got a Baby Saz and an Old Scout Rye.

Should of went back and said... Lookie what I found!!

Yep. "Guess where I found this, MF-er!"

2013 Stagg, WLW, and ER17...

BTAC_zps9363be41.png

Indiana must be the anti-bourbon state. This stuff shows up on the east coast, west coast, Illinois, Siberia, but not Indiana yet.

Went looking for BTAC but came home with the Parker's Promise of Hope. Other's on the shelf were tempting but my budget had been blown.

post-9084-14489819871418_thumb.jpg

post-9084-1448981987085_thumb.jpg

Visited a store i'd passed a hundred times. Was rewarded with SA VOS11 (Batch 3 from 2012) and WFE 10yr. Pricing structure was odd there, some higher end...right in line with normal, others BOOM +50%. No idea.

I forgot to register yesterday's purchase of two bottles of OGD 114 over here. Such a great pour...

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!