What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Better double check that Paddy. I absconded with one case when you weren't looking. :lol:

Let me know when you want to come and try some of the rye! :drinking:

Technically not bourbon but I picked up a bottle of Wild Turkey Spiced.

I love the tag on the label "Mighty Spirit".

rsz_wt_spice_002_zpsbfc5250a.jpg

Picked up a Weller 12 for old times' sake. Plenty on the shelves here.

Pleasantly surprised. No soot in this one...going back for another tomorrow.

Rowan's creek and a bottle of Henry McKenna 10 yr BIB to bunker since i opened my only bottle for BOTM : and found i liked it )

Over the past few days, I've been lucky enough to grab some BTAC selections at retail or close to retail prices and a bottle of Stagg Jr. Wish I could locate a Saz 18 from this year to round out the BTAC, but as always, Saz is tough find.

BevMo is showing Parkers Heritage 10 Yr 5th Edition in stock... not sure how that surfaced, wondering if maybe it's actually the most recent release? They never update their listings for the EWSB each year, either. So I ordered it. Kinda hoping for the current release, won't be disappointed if it actually is the 5th edition. We'll see when I get the 'order ready for pick up' email!

You should be getting the current release. I was in BevMo on Wednesday afternoon, and saw PHC7 in the glass case, but the shelf tag (nothing more than a register receipt taped to the shelf) said that it was PHC5.

BevMo is showing Parkers Heritage 10 Yr 5th Edition in stock... not sure how that surfaced, wondering if maybe it's actually the most recent release? They never update their listings for the EWSB each year, either. So I ordered it. Kinda hoping for the current release, won't be disappointed if it actually is the 5th edition. We'll see when I get the 'order ready for pick up' email!

You should be getting the current release. I was in BevMo on Wednesday afternoon, and saw PHC7 in the glass case, but the shelf tag (nothing more than a register receipt taped to the shelf) said that it was PHC5.

Excellent... Wish there was a way to pick it up without having to bring the card used for the purchase... much easier to walk out with JUST the one bottle if I have no means of buying another.

I picked up 6 bottles of Knob Creek Single Barrel for 19.99 each. With many clamoring for Stagg Jr. and EC Barrel Proof I think the KCSB gets overlooked. At 19.99 its a slam dunk, but even at around $40 I think its a solid value given the current market for higher proof bourbons. The bottles/drinks I've had have been pretty consistent too.

I saw a sale on InternetWines for their RWS Private Selection #31, an OBSF @122.8pf, so I 'grabbed' two. With shipping to CA, it totaled $51/bottle. Anyone try this yet or have further details?

Edited by MauiSon

I picked up 6 bottles of Knob Creek Single Barrel for 19.99 each. With many clamoring for Stagg Jr. and EC Barrel Proof I think the KCSB gets overlooked. At 19.99 its a slam dunk, but even at around $40 I think its a solid value given the current market for higher proof bourbons. The bottles/drinks I've had have been pretty consistent too.

A hell of a deal!

id have cleared the shelf of all the KCSB (again) at that price. i still have 10 from the last $18 sale, but id clear the shelf again at that price. cheapest ive seen it around here since my $18 find has been a $32 sale i saw last month. $32 is a good price, but with 10 in storage, im not gonna load up at $32.

I agree....KCSB is the best thing you can get for under $40. let everyone else climb over and fight each other and wait in lines for stagg, ecbp, etc.

I had a similar experience as one of our local HyVee's did a barrel pick and it didn't sell well as it was priced a bit high.I walked into the store one day and they had them all marked down to $19.99,so I did the right thing and made a few phone calls and bought the remaining bottles.I do agree that it is overlooked and with the right selection it can be a rather rewarding whiskey,especially at under $20 in this case.

Well, got a call from my local store and went in to pick up these two bottles. The funny part is, if you look at the proof both are from 2012, we have not received this years allocation up here yet. Sadly our insane taxes caught up with me so these guys cost a whopping $120 each after everything was calculated... ouch! At that rate I'm thinking only a single 2013 Stagg makes sense....

post-9128-14489819861529_thumb.jpg

post-9128-14489819861529_thumb.jpg

cost a whopping $120 each after everything was calculated... ouch! At that rate I'm thinking only a single 2013 Stagg makes sense....

I finally purchased a 2013 Four Roses LESmB today. Also bought a Buffalo Trace Single Oak barrel #60 yesterday, and another AAA 10yr 750ml today.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!