What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Deleted... meant to post in the 'what did you pass on?" thread...

Edited by jwacky

I picked up a Four Roses OESO and OBSO from the gift shop yesterday. Nothing like the aromas of bourbon production on a brisk Fall day.

After living in Lexington for a number of years then moving away to Georgia, I completely agree with you. One of the best smells in the world.

Grabbed a couple WT 101 on sale for 17.99. Still desperately waiting for BTAC to show up in these parts.

Found the final 2 pieces to my BTAC this week. William Weller and sazrac. Pays to builds those relationships with the same store throughout the year. First time in a while is have gathered all 5 pieces. Also got an extra stagg, Weller, and er 17 for a buddy. Of course, sharing is implied.

I recently got an ECBP, and yesterday I got an OFBB 13.

Good to see the OFBB making it's way around VA. Hopefully some of the other limited, non-special order, releases start showing up.

I picked up a couple of VOB BIBs. They started selling in in IN a while back. It's a few bucks more than in KY. For $14.99, 6 year old BIB, really good whiskey. The only way to beat that is go to KY! :grin:

Since there's no "What Other American Whiskey Did Your Purchase Today?" thread in that forum, I'll post it here... case of Mellow Corn. I really enjoy this stuff and the one place I was able to order from somewhat locally (Los Angeles) stopped shipping spirits. Had to order an entire case elsewhere to make the per bottle price worth it. Figure I'll drink it all eventually, right?

MellowCorn_zps48788cb0.png

Grabbed 2 GTS, owner offered me a 3rd, but I passed. Nice gesture on his part, but my wife might stab me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Technically not a purchase, but I acquired EHT Tornado, OF BB 2013, HH 6 yr. BIB and Weller 12 via my first SB trade. Really looking forward to giving some of these a try.

Grabbed 2 GTS, owner offered me a 3rd, but I passed. Nice gesture on his part, but my wife might stab me.

Coulda flipped it to the peanut gallery, here (just prayin').

OW12. Nice stuff... Still working on some more BTAC. I Found a Stagg last week, but nobody else in town has recieved their shipment yet. Weird.

Found a FR LE SmB and OF BB (both 2013).
nice!

I as well found and bought FRLESmB today... Pretty sure it was the last one in the city as I've hit a dozen stores over the past week!

Grabbed a 14 yr George Dickel private selection as it looked interesting, a Henry McKenna BiB, and an OWA 107.

I bought a Four Rose Single Barrel Gift Set today. It is the regular SB so it is nothing special but it was less expensive than the regular price and came with two shot glasses. However, when I got home, I noticed that the box lists the recipe as OBSK. I assume it is a misprint since there are no markings on the bottle to reflect that it is anything different than the regular SB which would be the OBSV recipe.

Just curious, whether anyone else has bought this gift set or would know if the bottle is anything different than the OBSV recipe.

I tried attaching a photo but for some reason it won't upload. I assume that is due to the file type. However, I have Windows 8 so I am at a loss on how to convert it.

post-9650-1448981986915_thumb.jpg

This guy was in the neighborhood signing bottles and hawking his wares. I felt sorry for him and bought some 125th Anniversary something or other. Supposed to be decent booze.:grin:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16742[/ATTACH]

This guy was in the neighborhood signing bottles and hawking his wares. I felt sorry for him and bought some 125th Anniversary something or other. Supposed to be decent booze.:grin:

We must have crossed paths! I saw the same guy.

Did he have a tip jar?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16742[/ATTACH]

I was bummed to see this event on my facebook page tonight. If I would have known about it a week ahead of time, I would have made the trip to Indy with some friends. Was there a good crowd?

I was bummed to see this event on my facebook page tonight. If I would have known about it a week ahead of time, I would have made the trip to Indy with some friends. Was there a good crowd?

pretty crowded when we were there. Saw a couple of fellow SBers. They had Mr. Rutledge behind the counter pouring a selection of single barrel store picks and then separate stations pouring the 2013 SmB LE and the regular FR lineup. They also had a craft cocktail station and a water and light snacks table. Very nice and well thought out.

Edited by Old Dusty

Walked into a local chain store and was looking around and found 1 lonely Thomas H. Handy just sitting on the shelf. Felt so bad thought I'd give it a new home. Then had a buddy call to tell me the Birthday Bourbon just hit another local store. All in all a good day.

I passed on George T Stagg last week cause there was other stuff I had to/wanted to buy. Lucked out and it was one bottle left so I had to pick it up.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!