What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally acquired my first George T Stagg.. $67 can't beat that!! Kinda surprised it's only $17 more than the JR... Now to find more WLW

oh and I grabbed a Sazerac rye as well to try.

Picked up a JB 12 in southern KY today for $32.99. Then picked up a CNB OWA #71 in Covington. Did not see a single ETL driving SC-GA-TN-KY, what's up with that?

Picked up a JB 12 in southern KY today for $32.99. Then picked up a CNB OWA #71 in Covington. Did not see a single ETL driving SC-GA-TN-KY, what's up with that?

It appears that his recent passing created a "run on" for it.

A PHC7. I know the reviews have not been very favorable but I've never had a PHC and thougth what the heck it's for a good cause.

You need to get yourself to a Georgia Bourbon Society meeting! Plenty of PHC on the table.

You need to get yourself to a Georgia Bourbon Society meeting! Plenty of PHC on the table.

Twenty, ten years ago I would have gone out of my way but now the traffic around Hotlanta is just too much for an old man. When i go to visit relatives is SC I cross the mtns on HWY 76, when I go south to Columbus to visit the grandyounguns I take 27. If I had to take a job down there I'd just go ahead and retire.

post-8447-14489819861974_thumb.jpg

4R K&L OBSV 123.2

OFBB x 2

And some foreigners:

Yamazaki 18

Aberlour A'Bunadh

Redbreast 12 Cask Strenght

It's going to be a long night of enjoyment.

There seems to be a huge lull in premium bourbons in the NY/NJ area--no Pappy, no BTAC, no FRLE, OFBB pretty much gone. So when I found myself at a liquor store today, I picked up a Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10 Year Bourbon ($47) and a Baby Saz ($26). I think I already have two Baby Saz in the bunker, but this was such a good price I couldn't pass another up. Can't have too much Baby Saz around IMHO.

with Yeti mentioning daily pours of OGD 114 lately, I stopped in and grabbed one today. Ive been experimenting lately with new stuff and havent had much luck, and this just sounded great today. Its one of the few I usually like enough to keep around.

Louisville still has some ETL if you look around. the LB on fern valley today had two on the shelf, for those interested.

and a Baby Saz ($26). I think I already have two Baby Saz in the bunker, but this was such a good price I couldn't pass another up. Can't have too much Baby Saz around IMHO.

That's the way I think too, Jeffrey. You can't have too much Baby Saz around. We've been flush in my parts for some time, now. And, I'm "comfortable" with my Saz stockpile, but I always get an uneasy feeling that I'm tempting fate when I leave one on the shelf...:D

Today turned out to be pretty good. Visited a couple of stores today and was able to pick up:

Bowman Millenium

OFBB 2013

PH7

ER17

The ER is my first bottle from the BTAC!

I had bought a bottle of regular Four Roses SmB and Ritt BIB (DSP-354) from my favorite whiskey supplier (a fellow SBer) whose store that I shop at but only met today for the first time. Great guy, good knowledge of bourbon! I have bought several other things from his store over the past several months but it was good to finally meet him.

It appears that his recent passing created a "run on" for it.

My distributor said orders for it were 10 times higher in July and August this year than the same period last year.

My distributor said orders for it were 10 times higher in July and August this year than the same period last year.

So, do you think there will be a premium on bottles from barrels selected by Mr. Lee? I assume that Harlan Wheatley will take over this responsibility.

Yes Eric, and it doesn't help that its a very good product. Increased demand equates to the empty shelves we are currently seeing (and future price increases likely to be experienced).

Took a little work but I got a bottle of BTAC STAGG... It's was in the owners office and might have been spoken for.. Had to go back the next day when the owner got back and inquire and it payed off!

also grabbed a Sazerac Rye

I picked up a Four Roses OESO and OBSO from the gift shop yesterday. Nothing like the aromas of bourbon production on a brisk Fall day.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!