What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just got back from my first trip to the Bourbon Trail. What an awesome time! I was able to grab a few BIB's that I can't get at home (VOB, HH Gold, HH 6 year). Also got Rare Breed for a good price, a private selection of Eagle Rare, Bowman Millennium, 1 Private Selection OESK, PHC 7th, Woodford Double Oaked Single Barrel, 1 Private Selection OBSK, and lucky to find 1 FR Small Batch 2013 LE.

Congratulations on a successful hunt! What time do you want me to come over?

Congratulations on a successful hunt! What time do you want me to come over?

Haha, the door's always open! Actually a funny story about the 2013 SmB LE. I'm in the store and talking to another customer about bourbon...just normal stuff. This guy who appears to work at the store says something like "I have a collector's bottle of Four Roses over at the counter if you would like to see it". So he takes me over and pulls it from beneath the counter and it's the LE. I say "uuuhhhhhh, yeah, I'd like to buy that". He hands it to the cashier and I buy it, take it out to the car and safely stash it, then go back in the store to finish my shopping. It is at that point that I realize that the guy who showed me the bottle is a vendor in the store selling dips...he doesn't work there. We now refer to him as "The Bourbon Angel"

My two orders were just delivered containing stuff I've never tried!

2x Ritt Rye

2x Weller 12

1x OWA

1x OGD 114

2x EHT Barrel Proof.

Going to try the SB blend along with both wellers on their own to see what I've been missing. I'm thinking the 60/40 OWA/W12 rather than the 50/50. I've also been enjoying making sazeracs lately and have been using either our local Woodinville Whiskey Company Rye (great) or Old Overholdt (ok) and can't wait to try it with the Ritt.

Edited by MtnDew

Was lucky enough to find another PHC7, got one in Kentucky a short ago but wanted to wait until I got another before opening.

My local liquor store called and put aside a bottle for me. I got over there today and quickly got the top off so me and the owner could enjoy a pour. Very good stuff indeed, I have always been happy with these releases and if this is some of Parker's favorite bourbon profile it is good for me and it helps out with ALS research.

Best regards, Tony

In Houston, TX on business. Could not pass up a couple of bottles of 2013 OFBB for only $37.88 each. And that was the regular price! I asked if it was a mistake, that maybe they were using last year's price on the shelf tag, but the liquor manager checked and said that was the price for the 2013 vintage. I'm not complaining, but what could cause such a huge price discrepancy across the nation? Particularly since suggested retail was supposed to be upwards of $50/bottle. This was a large retailer. Volume buying power, perhaps? I don't want to SPECulate! ;)

Actually, if you pay cash the price is closer to $35. No, it's not a mistake. They just don't gouge.

In Houston, TX on business. Could not pass up a couple of bottles of 2013 OFBB for only $37.88 each. And that was the regular price! I asked if it was a mistake, that maybe they were using last year's price on the shelf tag, but the liquor manager checked and said that was the price for the 2013 vintage. I'm not complaining, but what could cause such a huge price discrepancy across the nation? Particularly since suggested retail was supposed to be upwards of $50/bottle. This was a large retailer. Volume buying power, perhaps? I don't want to SPECulate! ;)

I paid $44.99 for my bottles

In New Orleans,

Today an ecbp 137, left 3 others on the shelf,

Yesterday a smooth ambler 6 and a wtrb for a get together tomorrow night

Actually, if you pay cash the price is closer to $35. No, it's not a mistake. They just don't gouge.

Prices vary greatly by state. $35 is about $5 less than wholesale in KY. Also no volume discounts on limited/allotted products, at least here in KY.

I am sure the wholesalers are also capitalizing on the bourbon bubble and marking it up a bit more than everyday products in certain markets.

Traveling on biz this week, and picked up Bowman Port Finished and Millenium bottles, 2 B&B Package selected 7 yr OWA's, and a McScrooge's selected McKenna 10yr BIB (tasted thus tonight at the hotel, and loved it)

no bourbon, but i did purchase an 1800's display cabinet that im going to refinish into a liquor cabinet when the semester is over

no bourbon, but i did purchase an 1800's display cabinet that im going to refinish into a liquor cabinet when the semester is over

Oooooh, thats nice! We have a beautiful old hutch that is currently being used to store our China, I want to use it for a bar but so far I've had no luck convincing the wife. I may have to go the route of getting a replacement for it first before trying to steal it.

ECBP and a OFBB. Been digging the BB and certainly was not going to pass on a BP either.

Made for a nice day out with my youngest.

B

This morning I purchased a bottle of Parker's Heritage 6th edition and a bottle of EC21.

It was a total surprise to find the PH, and at a "reasonable" price. The EC21 seems to be still somewhat attainable. However, I noticed that availability has been definitely dwindling, so I decided to pull the trigger on it also.

Regards.

Got a bottle of the new Bookers (127.1 prof 7y 3m old) for $29.99. Could not pass it up for that price.

Got a bottle of the new Bookers (127.1 prof 7y 3m old) for $29.99. Could not pass it up for that price.

Henry McKenna BIB.

10 years old.

Single Barrel.

100 proof.

$25.

How can you go wrong?

I guess if it tastes like s&@t, but it's good stuff.

what?! id clear the shelf!

Killer pick up! I'm happy to get one every few months for $45.

I usually don't bunker Bookers but I may go back at that price. And I've already popped the cork and it's dam good!!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!