What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Who could resist FR1B on sale for $30 a bottle.

i could. dont care for it, even if it were $10

A bottle of 09 dumped Kentucky spirit, anyone know if there are better "vintage" years than others for this product? Plan to compare it to a '01 dumped bottle i bought 2 weeks back.

Also bought a bottle of Jim Beam Distillers series. Apparently a limited release in 08. This one is 7 years and 90 proof.

Stocked up on some Evan Williams White Label, a new-to-me favorite, especially considering the price...

EvanWilliamsBiB_zpsd206e12b.png

Eagle Rare 10 year single barrel. Heading to Gulf Shores, Alabama, next week for fall break. Wanted something new to try and share.

Hunted for Stagg and FR Small Batch 2013 LE...came home with Evan Williams Single barrel...

Picked up FRSmBLE 13, a private selection FR1B, and a 10 year Willett bourbon.

Productive! I would take those hunting results any day.

Got me a 2013 weller. Up to 3 now (well 2 and a half) haven't snagged any others yet though

Got me a 2013 weller. Up to 3 now (well 2 and a half) haven't snagged any others yet though

Nothing yet, but I'll check back in 24 hours as I am typing this from the Pappy line at the Party Source.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. This is the funniest post of the day.

Seriously though, if I were local I'd probably head over around 2am with a few movies on an iPad and a 200ml bottle of hooch (or 2) and wait it out. I spent 26 hours in a Wal-Mart for a PS3 in 2006. This couldn't be worse than that.

I spent 26 hours in a Wal-Mart for a PS3 in 2006. This couldn't be worse than that.

The longest I've ever waited on line for anything, excluding DisneyWorld as a child, was 4 hours for Shakespeare in the Park tickets to see Romeo and Juliet with my hot French neighbor. We ended up dating for awhile, so she was worth it, but I hate lines, and I've got a bunker. Being on a waiting list is bad enough, I prefer to just get handed a bottle at my local if they get one in, because they know I'll appreciate it like crazy. 26 hours is true fortitude.

Nothing yet, but I'll check back in 24 hours as I am typing this from the Pappy line at the Party Source.

no way. i wouldnt wait in a 24 hour line for any booze, even if it were free.

26 hours is true fortitude.

It was a silly and childish thing to do, but it was actually kind of fun. I made friends with the 2-3 people on either side of me, and we were in a 24-hour store so we had everything we needed. We just took turns holding each others space and would go get food, or drinks, or use the restroom. Everybody had books, or Nintendo DS (or whatever it was at the time) and we'd swap them around. On the whole it was less aggravating than a cross-country flight. And we didn't even have smart phones and tablets. Waiting 6 or 8 hours with some hooch and a few HD movies / videogames doesn't sound crazy to me at all. Unnecessary? Sure, nobody NEEDS to do it. But sometimes I like doing silly, childish, and unnecessary things. If I lived in Northern KY this might be one of them.

Elmer T. Lee. Not too much of that left around here so thought it was a good find. Also, no line...

A younger me would do it in a heartbeat. Not so much now.

You could always get on Craiglist and you should be able to get someone to wait in line for you.

Best regards, Tony

Maybe I can hire a professional disabled person. They gotta be looking for work now that Disney put the kibosh on that practice. Does TPS let you go straight to the front?

Maybe I can hire a professional disabled person. They gotta be looking for work now that Disney put the kibosh on that practice. Does TPS let you go straight to the front?

Can you get away with a semi-professional?

Where is TPS? I spent a few months last year in Hebron, KY and there was a store with a good liquor selection that had "party" in the name out in Florence, KY, is that the same chain/brand? I do remember a liquor store just on the south side of the river (as you enter KY from Cincinnati on 71/75) that was to the west of the freeway down at the base of a hill, is that the place? I never did stop there but I was tempted.

My coworker just picked up a bottle of WLW for me in KY after driving 1.5 hours (I owe him big) so I guess that counts as my purchase. I'm still aiming to get a Stagg if possible though I would also happily take ER and THH, not much hope of getting a Saz 18 and I guess I can live with that.

EDIT Nevermind, internet skills for the win. It was Party Town I shopped at in Florence, KY and that store along the freeway was something else, I just remember a large "Liquor" sign on the side. Looks like in all my time there I missed TPS all together as I never took that route south from town... doh!

Edited by MtnDew

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!