What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

George T. Stagg 2013 x2

William Larue Weller 2013

Eagle Rare 17 2013

Thomas H. Handy 2013

Sazerac 18 2013

Stagg Jr. x2

You know, a normal Tuesday.

George T. Stagg 2013 x2

William Larue Weller 2013

Eagle Rare 17 2013

Thomas H. Handy 2013

Sazerac 18 2013

Stagg Jr. x2

You know, a normal Tuesday.

Like I told him earlier, I want to be like Josh when I grow up :grin:. He did great today, keep up the great work!

The latest in the Abraham Bowman Limited Edition series - a 7 year, 90 proof Gingerbread Beer Finished Bourbon. From the folks at Bowman: "Hardywood Park Craft Brewery [a great local brewery in Richmond - rcb4d] used our used bourbon barrels to age some Gingerbread Stout. Then they returned the barrels to us and we aged our bourbon in it. The result was very interesting!"

My initial impression was very positive, as I enjoy the AE whiskeys that inspired it. This isn't a flavored whiskey by any means - it's tasty and mellow, without being overly sweet/gingery.

The latest in the Abraham Bowman Limited Edition series - a 7 year, 90 proof Gingerbread Beer Finished Bourbon. From the folks at Bowman: "Hardywood Park Craft Brewery [a great local brewery in Richmond - rcb4d] used our used bourbon barrels to age some Gingerbread Stout. Then they returned the barrels to us and we aged our bourbon in it. The result was very interesting!"

My initial impression was very positive, as I enjoy the AE whiskeys that inspired it. This isn't a flavored whiskey by any means - it's tasty and mellow, without being overly sweet/gingery.

So THAT'S what's going on with the new Bowman release. Sounds very fascinating, but would have loved those 10 extra proof points the AE might also have inspired. Did you get this at the distillery?

Yes, I made the drive up yesterday afternoon. They were enforcing a one bottle per day limit. The product was shipped to ABC warehouse on Monday, so it may hit stores as early as Saturday (most stores in Richmond get their deliveries on Friday). If you can't find any on a cross-border raid, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

Is the price the same as the other Abraham Bowman bottlings have been?

Got some FRSmBLE2013 yesterday. It just showed up yesterday in my state and according to the guys at the store, we only got a few cases. So, I would imagine most have come and gone in within half a day yesterday.

Haven't seen anyone reporting any BTAC purchases in Illinois yet ( Chicago )...which is unfortunate as I polished off the 2012 WLW over the weekend and want ( read: need ) more. Please keep me posted if anyone in the city finds any. Thanks

PHC Promise of Hope. Wife likes this one so need to make sure we have a little extra.

Best regards, Tony

PHC Promise of Hope. Wife likes this one so need to make sure we have a little extra.

Best regards, Tony

Haven't seen anyone reporting any BTAC purchases in Illinois yet ( Chicago )...which is unfortunate as I polished off the 2012 WLW over the weekend and want ( read: need ) more. Please keep me posted if anyone in the city finds any. Thanks

i was inquiring about some Willett 8 year today, and they said they had none and knew not when more would arrive. He did say they got BTAC in last week and it was already gone....but I dont care about that. So, it's already come and gone in Louisville

Added several new additions to the family.

post-8493-14489819847199_thumb.jpg

The lower proof Stagg was too tempting so I already cracked one open. At first blush it seems to be delightful. Just a splash of water really opened it up nicely.

i was inquiring about some Willett 8 year today, and they said they had none and knew not when more would arrive. He did say they got BTAC in last week and it was already gone....but I dont care about that. So, it's already come and gone in Louisville

Hate to give away secrets but in the Spirit of SB I would try across the river. There seems to be a pretty good supply of Willett FE in southern Indiana.

Is the price the same as the other Abraham Bowman bottlings have been?

Yes, at least in VA, the price ($69.90) has not changed.

Received word of the Parker's Heritage finally being available, so I ran out scooped up one.

$100 is a lot of dough; but I figured $20 of it will go straight to Parker's Fund, and so far he hasn't let me down yet; so I jumped on one.

I hope he's doing better and better; although I know that's a bit of 'wish'; but, Hey, I can wish!

Apparently the BTAC's have hit Wisconsin. I had put my name in the lottery for some William LaRue Weller at a local liquor store and got the call today. Went over, and some Thomas Handy Rye was just sitting there on the shelf, so I couldn't pass that by either.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!