What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

AAA10 yr for $10. Price tag fell off and naive youth said he'd sell it for the same price at the AA.

Small victories.

I searched TPS the other week for the AAA10, only to discover it's now behind a glass case with high-end offerings!

I searched TPS the other week for the AAA10, only to discover it's now behind a glass case with high-end offerings!

This place was certainly no TPS. I would have bought a case if he would have sold them all to me for $10 each. The AAA10yr has turned into quite a racket recently. When they stopped producing the 750s they put the L price at $26 or slightly higher. Nothing like turning a value pour into a "there's better stuff out there at $26-30" pass.

i only see the 1.75's around anymore. ive resisted buying any just because of the 86 proof. sure, id try it, but im not going to buy a 1.75 of anything just to try it, knowing my general disdain of anything sub 100 proof.

They didn't have any whatsoever at the LBarn I was at the other day.

Plan on seeing lots of BT offerings out of stock this holiday season. Don't know about AAA 10 year. I bought a ton when word hit that they "might" run out. But eagle rare, Elmer, buffalo trace, rock hill farms and blantons will be in short supply.

Fighting Cock, Angel's Envy (store offering) and Templeton Rye. All were cheaper than I've seen them at other places around here.

Actually found some Stagg JR in Brooklyn for MSRP so I grabbed one for myself and one for a friend.

a8eqapuv.jpg

Excited to get the WLW this year

BTW: I posted the info sheets in the thread where the info sheets are normally found for these two bottles.

Edited by bingstein
Additional Info

George T. Stagg 2013 x2

William Larue Weller 2013

Eagle Rare 17 2013

Thomas H. Handy 2013

Sazerac 18 2013

Stagg Jr. x2

You know, a normal Tuesday.

ECBP, at 137pf, and an AE Rye.

I tasted these two at Boston WhiskeyLive. Not buying them was not an option, even though I've cut way back on purchasing so I can work my way through some of my current stock. They'll be laid aside for a while, so I can clear some proper space in the cabinet bar while the anticipation builds.... :)

Edited by Kalessin

All these "I got BTAC!" posts are making me :smiley_acbt:

Then I remember that for every burden I suffer underneath Oregon's liquor laws, I can drive an hour to the mountains, or an hour to the coast, and I can live reasonably comfortably without working 40 hours a week.

All these "I got BTAC!" posts are making me :smiley_acbt:

Then I remember that for every burden I suffer underneath Oregon's liquor laws, I can drive an hour to the mountains, or an hour to the coast, and I can live reasonably comfortably without working 40 hours a week.

Trade with you in a minute! :lol:

Bought Black maple hill mainly because i wanted the liquor store owners to remember me. No BTAC's in New Mexico as far as I can tell, but they do have barrel selects for BT, Blanton's, Woodford Reserve, and two different 4 roses coming in this fall.

Russell's Reserve 10yr bourbon and a Jim Beam Devil's Cut. The Russell's just cause its great, and the Devil's Cut cause I 'm curious.

George T. Stagg 2013 x2

William Larue Weller 2013

Eagle Rare 17 2013

Thomas H. Handy 2013

Sazerac 18 2013

Stagg Jr. x2

You know, a normal Tuesday.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!