What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

finally. and it went fast.

and I did a good deed. the guy behind me was holding a bottle of Bulleit so I told him about the 4R.

not sure he believed me. as I'm checking out, the guy behind him says "is that the 125th?" he wants a bottle and then the first guy says he'll take one, too.

d3f22fd3-8170-4cd8-a9b4-5c2aadcde7e3_zpsf7c57cdb.jpg

finally. and it went fast.

and I did a good deed. the guy behind me was holding a bottle of Bulleit so I told him about the 4R.

not sure he believed me. as I'm checking out, the guy behind him says "is that the 125th?" he wants a bottle and then the first guy says he'll take one, too.

d3f22fd3-8170-4cd8-a9b4-5c2aadcde7e3_zpsf7c57cdb.jpg

They should've given you a discount for helping them sell some bottles!

I got mine recently as well...

10049202073_abd947b947_z.jpg

Edited by ChainWhip

Was committed to waiting for BTAC for any more purchases, but picked up two Stagg Jrs at a nice price. Now I'm serious! No more whiskey until the BTAC!

Was committed to waiting for BTAC for any more purchases, but picked up two Stagg Jrs at a nice price. Now I'm serious! No more whiskey until the BTAC!

Not bourbon, Rye or foreign whisky so I'll put it here. Balcones Single Malt for $30!!!!

I couldn't believe it. Been wanting to try it but couldn't pull the trigger on $60 because I'm not a malt fan in general. Love Balcones though, so far. Store had it for $35 msrp sale price $30. Bought two.

Picked up the BTEX Hot Box Toasted Barrel (16y 8m old) and #7 Heavy Char Barrel (15y 9m old) on a whim. First I have seen of them in town. Despite the high price of these I like to try them as reasonably interesting experiments.

Haven't seen any of the Wheat Barrel Entry Proof 90/105/115/125 experimental bottles so far.

Picked up the BTEX Hot Box Toasted Barrel (16y 8m old) and #7 Heavy Char Barrel (15y 9m old) on a whim. First I have seen of them in town. Despite the high price of these I like to try them as reasonably interesting experiments.

Haven't seen any of the Wheat Barrel Entry Proof 90/105/115/125 experimental bottles so far.

Also finally got hold of the Hooker House bourbon and rye today after bugging the supplier, distributor, retailers (and a couple of professional ladies just for good measure...) for a while now.

BTEC

post-8493-1448981980316_thumb.jpg

Hooker House

post-8493-14489819802909_thumb.jpg

Anybody have a particular interest in the Atlanta area let me know. The Goat will likely have these available Saturday night as well!

Saw a Stagg Jr for $50 and I had to make it mine. Bad news is the wife and I are doing no carbs for 2 weeks. I will have to wait to try it.

Saw a Stagg Jr for $50 and I had to make it mine. Bad news is the wife and I are doing no carbs for 2 weeks. I will have to wait to try it.

That is the worst excuse for not trying a new whiskey that I have ever heard...You should be ashamed...People have been expelled from Bourbonia for lesser offenses...Stoned, even!...The Standards Committee will be reviewing this infraction... ;)

So GA beats us on the BTAC. Well done and enjoy!

It has been in republics warehouse since late last week. I'm guessing they were figuring out allocations. Same old "much less than last year" song and dance.

I have dreams that one day I received a phone call and my rep told me, "good news, we are getting you more than last year". Then I woke up.

That is the worst excuse for not trying a new whiskey that I have ever heard...You should be ashamed...People have been expelled from Bourbonia for lesser offenses...Stoned, even!...The Standards Committee will be reviewing this infraction... ;)

Joe I agree. But I committed to it, and a man's word should be binding. She is trying to lose the last few lbs of baby weight. Her loss is my gain. I will adhere to the standards committee's decision.

If it redeems anything, my work is doing biggest loser, and I will use my winnings to buy more bourbon.

Joe I agree. But I committed to it, and a man's word should be binding. She is trying to lose the last few lbs of baby weight. Her loss is my gain. I will adhere to the standards committee's decision.

If it redeems anything, my work is doing biggest loser, and I will use my winnings to buy more bourbon.

Just playin' with ya. :D. A wise man has said, "Whiskey don't keep", but I'll guess it'll make it a couple of weeks. When you get the chance, Enjoy!

:toast:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!