What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I do love woody bourbon and rye. Got it for $44.95

That's awesome. 18 yr bourbon for under $50 is a freaking miracle these days!

This past week I came across this Elijah Craig in a store that I have been in 100 times. Don't know how I have overlooked it these past several years. I guess because it was in the box. But what I was most impressed with was the barrel date.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17033[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17034[/ATTACH]

Nice find! That's from my birth year. I traded for one from that same barrel date that was also from LA. Maybe there's some more down there.

Over the weekend I picked up the first releases of the Old Scout single barrel line. There's a 7 year bourbon and 8 year rye, UCF at barrel proof. Also snagged a bottle of the Kenwood private selection 8 year Old Scout.

I picked up some OFBB '13 at a local here. Surprised to find it at $33.99, so I got a couple extra. One of the employees tried to slow me down with something about it being a 'limited quantity' purchase item. That didn't hold water, so I got a couple more ;-). Enough in the bunker to keep me happy for a while.

I love this stuff- to me it tastes a lot like GTS '13 but with less proof. At 34 bucks each, a total no brainer for a few extras to follow me home.

I picked up some OFBB '13 at a local here. Surprised to find it at $33.99, so I got a couple extra. One of the employees tried to slow me down with something about it being a 'limited quantity' purchase item. That didn't hold water, so I got a couple more ;-). Enough in the bunker to keep me happy for a while.

I love this stuff- to me it tastes a lot like GTS '13 but with less proof. At 34 bucks each, a total no brainer for a few extras to follow me home.

That is a great price!

Nice price! I bought two for a couple bucks more, each. Worth every penny. Left a couple more on the shelf at the time because it was a 'blind' purchase and by the time I'd gotten around to opening a bottle they were gone. But hey, more for others to enjoy!

Crazy score RW. OFBB is $50 here, and I snapped up the 3 bottles I found. Don't regret it one bit, but sure would have loved the low $30's... Enjoy!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Thanks to some help from the boys around Indy I was able to track one of these down. Called a few suggested stores looking for a private selection of FR didn't have much luck but one store said he had a LE Single Barrel. denuhuvu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found an EC18 and Vintage 17 in a round about way. They also had an old label Baker's but I left it (for the time being). I love shopping in the hood.

Crazy score RW. OFBB is $50 here, and I snapped up the 3 bottles I found. Don't regret it one bit, but sure would have loved the low $30's... Enjoy!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

The first bottle I got was $55. A week later I saw the $34 at a different store in town. wowza, can you believe the $20 difference?

Spending money to save money, what a concept

The old Baker's are good. Don't let the Beam haters dissuade you.

I don't doubt it. It was $48 and I also needed a handle of OGD BIB as well, so I bought one of those instead (and saved some bucks).

I'm glad you guys who like 18 year old Bourbon can find it, I'd much rather have two 9s.

my sentiments exactly!

Bowling Green, KY just passed a vote last week to allow package liquor sales on Sunday. I had to buy something to celebrate yesterday, so I picked up a simple 375ml of Jim Beam Black.

I had a restocking trip last night while I was out running errands. I picked up a Weller 12, OWA, and another bottle of Mink's selection Four Roses SB.

Thanks to some tips by fellow SBers - I was able to pick up a bottle of Dickel 9 year - 103 proof (private barrel) and two bottles of OESQ private barrel at 118.3 proof (one for a friend).

A OGD114 and a RITTBIB, out the door for less than $50 and better than a Bourbon and a Rye that I really enjoy.

I was in NYC for a little vacation last weekend. Didn't find much, but packed home a 10yr Michters and a Jeffersons Chef's bottle.

^^I saw that today on an advert. I've never had it, but this will be my reason to give it a try. I'll be picking one up tomorrow.

Edited by RVTsteve

Thanks to some tips by fellow SBers - I was able to pick up a bottle of Dickel 9 year - 103 proof (private barrel) and two bottles of OESQ private barrel at 118.3 proof (one for a friend).

That OESQ is awesome.....

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!