What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Literally a mountain of High West at my local Liquor Barn. Guess the comment earlier about them having to bleed down inventory was spot on. Prices were $5-7 off normal retail. I like the RR, but already have a few bunkered.

Short of limited releases (which they of course have zero) the Springhurst location looks to be very overstocked on just about everything. Literally piling it up in the open area near the bourbon.

Passed on High West Campfire and EHT Single Barrel... both just a little more than I felt like spending today.

For $70 I would get that all day.

Best regards, Tony

Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about it all day...they had about 4 of them yesterday so I might go back tomorrow and pull the trigger.

Passed up this year's Parker Heritage collection today. Just didn't feel like dropping $70 today, might go back later...

For $70 I'd get two bottles. It's $135 out the door at the least expensive retailer in my area.

I don't know how to PM but if your interested in the Gingerbread I could get you some more info.

Had a good chuckle at one place:

EW 23yr... $550

EC 22yr $480

PHC 7th $180

EW 23yr... $550

EC 22yr $480

PHC 7th $180

I would be laughing as I walked out the door. Do you think they are grossly misinformed, or was this retailer trying to find someone un-knowledgeable who they can victimize? :lol:

I would be laughing as I walked out the door. Do you think they are grossly misinformed, or was this retailer trying to find someone un-knowledgeable who they can victimize? :lol:

Kind of made me wonder if that is current BX pricing, don't know for sure. I'm sure someone will buy them. I did walk out with 2 bottles of OC 10yr for $13 ea, happy about that.

Retailers are starting to search online thinking those are street list prices.

These retailers I'll be passing.

Retailers are starting to search online thinking those are street list prices.

These retailers I'll be passing.

You're right Huge. When searching for a bottle on Google Wine-Searcher.com is commonly at the top of the results. Some of the prices there are absurd. I had a retailer point that site out to me once when I scoffed at his pricing.

I wouldn't be surprised if those merchants on ws.com got their pricing from BX.

Literally a mountain of High West at my local Liquor Barn. Guess the comment earlier about them having to bleed down inventory was spot on. Prices were $5-7 off normal retail. I like the RR, but already have a few bunkered.

Short of limited releases (which they of course have zero) the Springhurst location looks to be very overstocked on just about everything. Literally piling it up in the open area near the bourbon.

Holidays are near. Every high volume liquor store should be nearly busting at the seams right now.

Not to mention holiday VAPS (gift sets) just landed and are in shorter supply this year. Last year we were able to sell them from October through December without running out. This year we are holding them back until after thanksgiving bc they are in such short supply.

EW 23yr... $550

EC 22yr $480

PHC 7th $180

Reminds me of the Tool We have in town! And its only on the HTF stuff...

Oddly enough he has Birthday Bourbon for only $42

ve2ja8.jpg

jq6grn.jpg

You're right Huge. When searching for a bottle on Google Wine-Searcher.com is commonly at the top of the results. Some of the prices there are absurd. I had a retailer point that site out to me once when I scoffed at his pricing.

I wouldn't be surprised if those merchants on ws.com got their pricing from BX.

Huge, LOL! I'm blaming it on spell check...:drinking:

Passed on Stagg Jr for $69.99.

But, pulled the trigger on Michter's 10 year for $59.99 at a different store nearby.

Passed on Elijah Craig 21yr for $159.99 and Parker Heritage Collection for $109.99. Ended up going a different direction with my purchase.

But, pulled the trigger on Michter's 10 year for $59.99 at a different store nearby.

good pass on the Stagg jr. You can find it for about $20 cheaper!

That's a great price for the Michter's 10yo. What barrel?

The best price I have seen. Always at least $89.99.

For that price, definitely a good buy at that price and a good pour.

Edited by tigerlam92

Last night, passed on OCPR for $129.99 :bigeyes: and a '93 EWSB for $29.99. The EW was reasonable given its age, but I still have a bottle of that year. I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon if I change my mind. The OC, however, broke my heart. Would love to bunker another one of those but not at that price. :frown:

Multiple batches of PHC 6th,Stagg Jr. and some Beam decanters from the late 80's into the early 90's all waaaay over priced!

These bottles were missing the neck label...so, no info on barrel numbers. They were sitting around at an out-of-the-way store and I figure they've been there for at least 3-4 years...I don't think the owners knew that the current pricing had increased on these.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!