What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I passed on a Dickel store selected barrel strength for $35. I don't know anything about Dickel so it did not seem worth taking up precious checked luggage space with.

Barrel strength Dickel? I didn't even know such a thing existed.

I passed on a Dickel store selected barrel strength for $35. I don't know anything about Dickel so it did not seem worth taking up precious checked luggage space with.

never heard of it, but id drop $35 on damn near any whiskey labeled barrel proof!

i suspect, however, that you misread the label, as they DO offer a barrel select, which is 86 proof and usually priced that much

"Barrel Select", maybe?

GD12 is a superb whiskey and kicks JD a**. You should really pick up a bottle and try it someday. Never had a barrel strength so I can't testify to that.

"Barrel Select", maybe?

It was over 100 proof and I remember thinking it was close to what I think of as barrel proof territory, but it could have been like 55% or something along those lines. I should have taken a picture, if I get a chance I'll go back and look again.

However, it Looks like I get to try it today anyway, thanks Michael!

Edited by MtnDew

The 9 year old Dickel Hand selected barrel is 103 proof and the 14 is 106. If you saw the 9 year old for $35 you should definitely go get it.

Posthaste! That's a steal.

I aplogize to all, my memory and/or vision is apparently lacking. I went back to the store just now and yes, it was the 9 year 103 proof for $39, so not a barrel proof and not $35... ugh. I hate traveling for work, my brain gets all fuzzy like. That being said, I still bought one :) Now that puts me up to 7 bottles I have to bring back, good thing I get two free checked bags. Too bad I only brought 1 actual suitcase though...

buy another suitcase! problem solved!

seriously though, how many bottles are you allowed to take on an airline? i might be vacationing in december and would like to know.

buy another suitcase! problem solved!

seriously though, how many bottles are you allowed to take on an airline? i might be vacationing in december and would like to know.

TSA rules say that you are allowed to take five liters per traveler. Most airlines have the same rule but some are more restrictive. MtnDew is presumably 250ml over the limit.

I've flown with 7 bottles before and had no problem.

The most I've had was 6 750's in a single suitcase and 9 spread out over 2. I'm not real worried about them saying anything, I'm more worried about my ability to carry everything!

Personal record was 6 750s of liquor 4 750s of beer and 4 bottles of wine in one suitcase. You should be fine.

My store has the Four Roses 125th and the EC 21. What are the going prices for these?

In Lexington, Ky the FR 125th was about $90 with tax and I've seen the EC21 between $130-160. I would get the FR, if not priced too high, IMO.

My store has the Four Roses 125th and the EC 21. What are the going prices for these?

The 4R LEs are always about $80. The EC 21 is somewhere between $129-$149 if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks! I'll head back for the 125th first thing in the morning. I believe it was under $100 and they had only one bottle.

In Lexington, Ky the FR 125th was about $90 with tax and I've seen the EC21 between $130-160. I would get the FR, if not priced too high, IMO.

I have seen the FR 125 for $75 and the EC21 around $130 in Indy. I am not sure there are any FR 125s left but my guess is that there are probably a few around town. There are plenty of EC21s.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!