What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Personal record was 6 750s of liquor 4 750s of beer and 4 bottles of wine in one suitcase. You should be fine.

This was excellent packing.

FWIW, the 5L limit applies only to liquor, not wine or beer. Your suitcase was both full of booze and completely legal. Perfect.

You guys worry too much. No TSA agent will even try to divide 6L by 750ML, lest their brain explode from simple math. There's a reason they are TSA and not NASA.

Yeah, I'm not too worried. When I flew with 7 bottles the only thing that stopped me from flying with more was the weight limit. There's a thread about this around somewhere, some members have flown with pretty big numbers of bottles.

I turned down an unsolicited PM offer by a SB member for a bottle of 4R 2013 LE SmB for the amazing price of $185 (shipped). Is BX finding its way over here?

That's really too bad. I have had nothing but good experiences with members here. I thought it was understood that members here expect to be treated fairly and with respect.

I turned down an unsolicited PM offer by a SB member for a bottle of 4R 2013 LE SmB for the amazing price of $185 (shipped). Is BX finding its way over here?

If you are being straight up with us on this (and I have no reason to think you are not being straight), then please post the name of the individual.

Edited by smokinjoe

I was contacted by this person as well.

In other news I passed up several bottles of THH (not sure the year) for $199. Also, Wild Turkey Traditions for $99.99 and WRMC Ryes at $105 and WRMC Four Wood at $105. The only one that really tempts me is the Four Wood but I have a very hard time paying over $100.

I was contacted by this person as well.

Just out of the blue? Do you know this person from BX?

Edited by smknjoe

Just out of the blue? Do you know this person from BX?

I had posted on the "Help a fellow SB member find a bottle of ..." thread not long ago that I haven't had any luck with the 4R, and asked if anyone had seen it in South Louisiana (or to that effect). My expectation was more along the lines of friendly assistance.

Oh, and to answer your other question, I am a member of BX, but have never actually bought or sold anything there, and have not had any dealings with this person.

That's really too bad. I have had nothing but good experiences with members here. I thought it was understood that members here expect to be treated fairly and with respect.

I totally understand what you're saying Joe, that has been my experience as well. I too, was contacted about the '13 FR LE SmB, same price as Cigar Dan quoted. I had posted a couple days ago that I was looking for a bottle or 2. In all honesty, I was not offended, its his, and he gave me his price point. I passed, but don't begrudge him, he owes me nothing.

I'm not angry at the guy. I just told him that he was new here (joined last month), and things didn't work on SB the same as on BX.

Was out and about and came across 3 bottles of 2013 OFBB for $49.99 but didn't pull the trigger, for now : )

If you are being straight up with us on this (and I have no reason to think you are not being straight), then please post the name of the individual.
Edited by MauiSon

Well, on the one hand - letting you all know might keep the fair-minded members from abetting his profiteering ways. On the other hand, the person is new here and may not realize the gentleman's forum we have here, where sharing (stories, information and our own good cheer) is the be-all and end-all.

I'm not asking for his name but am asking if he has been posting because if not he may have joined just to sell.

We appreciate everyone's help in policing the boards here as we all know that there's a very strong sense of community among SB'ers.

If you receive any private messages that you believe violate the Straightbourbon terms of service agreement, please bring it to the attention of a staff member via PM and we will handle it privately.

Calling out folks in the forums will cause more problems than solutions.

Thanks for your help.

I stumbled across 5 bottles of E H Taylor Warehouse C Tornado Surviving last week while I was visiting friends in MA. They were priced at $67 and the guy working at the store had no idea what he had when I mentioned that I was surprised to see them, granted it was more of a wine store. If I didn't already have an unopened bottle at home I definitely would have snapped one up.

I left 4 2013 Staggs ($99 each) and 1 2013 WLW ($90) on the shelf, I only bought 2 of each for myself. However, I'm back down by the store again today so if they are still there...

Crap, if they are still there I may have to get one more stagg, then I have no idea how I'm going to fit 8 full size and 4 200ml bottles in my checked bag.

I left 4 2013 Staggs ($99 each) and 1 2013 WLW ($90) on the shelf, I only bought 2 of each for myself. However, I'm back down by the store again today so if they are still there...

Crap, if they are still there I may have to get one more stagg, then I have no idea how I'm going to fit 8 full size and 4 200ml bottles in my checked bag.

You left a WLW?? Never leave a man behind!

You left a WLW?? Never leave a man behind!

I bought 2 and I already have 1 at home! Though I did trade one of them to michaelturtle so I am down to 2 WLW 2013's now... It's just hard to stomach paying $90 for a 12 year old bourbon, even if it is cask strength. So thats why I "only" bought 2 :)

I bought 2 and I already have 1 at home! Though I did trade one of them to michaelturtle so I am down to 2 WLW 2013's now... It's just hard to stomach paying $90 for a 12 year old bourbon, even if it is cask strength. So thats why I "only" bought 2 :)

I think of it as a 12yr bourbon that is $90 and better than PVW 15. However, I've only had the 2005 and 2008 WLW. I hear this year's is quite hot. Let us know how you like it Dew.

Hidden

Travel finds are nice, but it's also nice to come home.

Thankfully, I got to come home to a Handy, WLW and a FR 125th waiting for me to pick up. :grin:

Also dropped off some sample items to my store guys to try.

Be good to them, they will be good to you.

B

Walked away from ECBP @ $89, EC21 @ $199...both in a shop i NEVER would expect to carry either.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!