What Bourbon did you pass up today? Fall '13

Old Dusty
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Passed up a bottle of Wisers. It said Rye, blended canadian whisky on the label so not sure exactly what it was. Looked at their website and didn't see that particular bottle so have no information on it. Its 80pr and about $25. Anybody have info on it? Sorry forgot to get a pic while at the store.

Passed up a bottle of Wisers. It said Rye, blended canadian whisky on the label so not sure exactly what it was. Looked at their website and didn't see that particular bottle so have no information on it. Its 80pr and about $25. Anybody have info on it? Sorry forgot to get a pic while at the store.

Passed the same thing here, never recall seeing it before...$24 here. Maybe it's been there...but I'm not in the Canadian section very often.

Walked into a store I normally frequent coincidentally right when they are unloading their PVW stock. I got 2 15s and 2 20s last year at reasonable prices ($100 & $150). This year they said I could choose 1 so that they could spread it around more which is reasonable. They told me the price of the 20 with a straight face was $400 because of "prices increases", I kind of chuckled and walked out. Won't be back there anytime soon.

It doesn't always pay-off to have a good relationship with a store manager when they try and screw you in the end.

I keep passing on PCH 7s but it's always a tough choice. On the one hand, I really do like them and they obviously won't be around forever. On the other, it's a bit pricey for what's in the bottle (and yeah, I know, $20 is for a good cause). If it was $80 out the door it'd be an easier decision, but it's $100 out here.

I keep passing on PCH 7s but it's always a tough choice. On the one hand, I really do like them and they obviously won't be around forever. On the other, it's a bit pricey for what's in the bottle (and yeah, I know, $20 is for a good cause). If it was $80 out the door it'd be an easier decision, but it's $100 out here.

Passed on some of that bizarre labeling Henry McKenna BiB. One of these days I'll grab one and try it.

A little comedy for your afternoon.

adaduqe7.jpg

I thought it sounded like a ripoff until I noticed a 1792 RR was included. how many can I buy at this price?!

I thought it sounded like a ripoff until I noticed a 1792 RR was included. how many can I buy at this price?!

Don't tell anyone, but they had a few singles on the shelf for 22.99 a piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't tell anyone, but they had a few singles on the shelf for 22.99 a piece.

If it said one of each plus thirteen 6 bottle cases of RR 1792 then you might have something...

That has to be some of the most bizarre marketing I've ever seen. It's almost so absurd, I can barely make fun of it.

Can't touch the above but...

EC 18 at $100

ECBP at $129

after I saw those prices I didn't even bother asking about their other goodies (stagg jr, PHC, 4R1B LE, and some others I didn't look closely at)

sadly this was a store that's gotten good recs on here in the past...

Can't touch the above but...

EC 18 at $100

ECBP at $129

after I saw those prices I didn't even bother asking about their other goodies (stagg jr, PHC, 4R1B LE, and some others I didn't look closely at)

sadly this was a store that's gotten good recs on here in the past...

Everyone wants their piece of the pie, I guess. Hard to blame them because stuff like that gets purchased/flipped anyway. Perhaps not quite at those prices but they're only askin'. Still, sucks to see.

Here's the next laugh look closely . . . The best of 2013 package includes a 2012 GTS.

I love how you get a discount of -300% for buying a bulk :lol:

That has to be some of the most bizarre marketing I've ever seen. It's almost so absurd, I can barely make fun of it.

My guess is he's got a stock of 1792 that hasn't been moving so, by association . . .

Walked into a store I normally frequent coincidentally right when they are unloading their PVW stock. I got 2 15s and 2 20s last year at reasonable prices ($100 & $150). This year they said I could choose 1 so that they could spread it around more which is reasonable. They told me the price of the 20 with a straight face was $400 because of "prices increases", I kind of chuckled and walked out. Won't be back there anytime soon.

It doesn't always pay-off to have a good relationship with a store manager when they try and screw you in the end.

Passed on 2013 editions of ER17 and though not bourbon, THH.

Bought: Stagg, Saz18, and WLW

Can only say I thought the ER17 (19yo in reality) was really good this year. If it was close to retail I wouldn't have hesitated to add that one despite the lower proof compared to GTS and WLW.

I passed on a bottle of the WhistlePig Boss Hog Rye for $149 - I thought I wanted it but I just couldn't pull the trigger when the time came. It simply costs too damn much. Instead I bought 2 bottles of Elmer T Lee private selection (Julio's did a amazing job picking this barrel), 2 bottles of one OWA Private selection and 2 bottles of another OWA private selection. And still had a little left over to put towards a private barrel of Bernheim. A much better allocation of funds.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!