What beer are you drinking? Winter 13/14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Beers are great but it's such a dark little shithole. Literally everywhere in Lex is better for ambiance. Guess it fits their theme, though. Besides, Arcadium is my dive of choice here. Videogames, bourbon, and an even better taplist than most anywhere in Lex. CBs new patio is pretty nice in the summer at least.

This afternoon watching college basketball I had a few Prairie Artisan Ale's "Birra". Holy smokes it is good. A farmhouse ale that is light but still very tasty. I've been told they are the first Oklahoma brewery with a major distribution deal. People go nuts over their porters.

Kriek De Ranke, a Belgian sour fermented w cherries and w lambic added. She's a goodun. Added some muddled blackberries for giggles. Refreshing.

I'm having a Red Rock Secale that was gifted to me by a more than generous SB'er (thank you!). It is very good, glad I got to try it :grin:!

DFH World Wide Stout. Why didn't I buy all of these I saw today? And how haven't I had this before? Holy hell this is a big, tasty stout. I'll be making an AM run back to the store in hopes that any of thee are still left.

DFH World Wide Stout. Why didn't I buy all of these I saw today? And how haven't I had this before? Holy hell this is a big, tasty stout. I'll be making an AM run back to the store in hopes that any of thee are still left.

I'm impressed you found that stuff drinkable.

Beyond that. I think it's fairly amazing and would love to age a few. I'll take all you see. :P

Edited by MyOldKyDram

2012 GI BCBS after a Manhattan made with Journeyman Ravenswood Rye and Bittercube Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters and Bitters Old Men Great in 28...

A hi res and a bourbon county barleywine at room temp. So much flavor and aroma.

Craft beer lovers, do yourself a favor and try a few of your favorites at cellar and then room temp.

Consuming at cold temps is only numbing your senses.

Beers are great but it's such a dark little shithole. Literally everywhere in Lex is better for ambiance. Guess it fits their theme, though. Besides, Arcadium is my dive of choice here. Videogames, bourbon, and an even better taplist than most anywhere in Lex. CBs new patio is pretty nice in the summer at least.

My beer heaven is a dark gritty place where conversation is paramount. Order beers from an educated barkeep. This is what a taproom is all about. The beer and conversation about the beer. Sure you can add a ballgame or two to break up the monotony but the focus is the beer made by CBB and their close friends (guest taps).

I haven't been to the newest spots in lex but I have been to CBB and west Sixth. Both were different but CBB had 20+ beers on tap while w6th had less than 5.

W6 used to have more than they currently offer. Not sure what happened, but they could definitely use more beers IMO, both their stuff and guest taps. But I suppose what they're doing is serving them well.

Rogue 7 Hop IPA. Complex for sure, what with all those hops swimming around, but a bit muddled too, what with all those hops swimming around.

A little pursuit work on the recumbent, and a brisk walk with the Sheltie through the neighborhood, and it's Bell's "Smitten" Golden Rye Ale for the cool down.

Shmaltz/Terrapin Collab. Reunion Ale kind of an odd duck but it actually worked for me brewed with cocoa nibs,vanilla,cinnamon and coffee.Lots going on but it all fought for a spot and actually aligned pretty well I can see with some time it could fade and mellow possibly integrate even better.

SBS with Hopslam from 2014 compared to the 2013 edition. Bottle date is only one day off from one year apart.

post-8493-1448982052255_thumb.jpg

Hoppy IPA's really aren't my thing hence this experiment. The usual hops grapefruit/citrus/bitterness on the fresh bottle but the year old bottle has rounded out very nicely into something I can enjoy drinking and still get a nice but toned down hops influence. The honey really seems to come out well after a year on the shelf.

Looks like the rest of the 2014's are going on the shelf for awhile!

Hoppin Frog Goose Juice Rye IPA I could get in trouble with this stuff so much citrus and such an easy drinker I powered through this stuff!

SBS with Hopslam from 2014 compared to the 2013 edition. Bottle date is only one day off from one year apart.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17815[/ATTACH]

Hoppy IPA's really aren't my thing hence this experiment. The usual hops grapefruit/citrus/bitterness on the fresh bottle but the year old bottle has rounded out very nicely into something I can enjoy drinking and still get a nice but toned down hops influence. The honey really seems to come out well after a year on the shelf.

Looks like the rest of the 2014's are going on the shelf for awhile!

good idea. I think I have a bottle or two of last years in the cellar (Don't let the beer geeks know you aged an IPA!) will do a comparison too...

Well, it hasn't been sitting for a yr, but prob for a good 6 months...Prairie Hop. And it's still impossibly fresh, w tons of tropical fruit. Love.

I'm having a Red Rock Secale that was gifted to me by a more than generous SB'er (thank you!). It is very good, glad I got to try it :grin:!

I had a Founders Imperial Stout tonight to go with my tri-tip steak and au gratin potatoes dinner. And fresh homemade bread. I have to remember to do something really nice for my wife soon.

When doesn't it sound right? Surly Furious for me tonight.
Obviously when you are drinking Darkness or in your case Furious great stuff!

My last Green Bullet, now I have to wait until September for more :frown:

My last Warlock Stout. I REALLY enjoy this beer. It's got serious pumpkin flavor but has a much smoother mouthfeel than your more typical pumpkin ales. Not something I want to drink year round, but pretty amazing to kick back with on a cold winter night. Especially after a day of priming and painting our dining room. And putting up new curtains + mounts in the living room. I seriously just crossed off about half my long term honey do list in one day.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!