What beer are you drinking? Winter 13/14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Oskar Blues brewery just started distributing to MN. I am celebrating with an Old Chub Scotch ale and a Dale's Pale Ale. Outstanding beer!

More Hi-Res and some W12 before a very difficult night. After said night? All bets are off as to what I may be drinking.

Finished up this Monday and awaiting "Snowjammageddonlet'sallbeginfreakingoutonthepossibilityof1"ofsnowthatforsurewillnotcomenowasschoolhasbeenclosedfortheremainderoftheweek 2014", with a Ballast Point Big Eye IPA.

Came upon 3 more 4-packs of Bourbon County Barleywine Ale so took two of them home and left one on the shelf if there is any interest from local SBer's.

Having one to kick off Blizzard Mania 2014, part deux! May take the next one to the hot tub and so how long it takes to get so vasodilated that I pass out...

Had a really strong urge for a good beer so I got a 6-pack of Hopslam. While buying it I had some Zombie Dust.

I don't really know much about beer but I'm pumped about today's beer events

Had a really strong urge for a good beer so I got a 6-pack of Hopslam. While buying it I had some Zombie Dust.

I don't really know much about beer but I'm pumped about today's beer events

Those are two pump-worthy beers indeed!

Me, starting the night w a W6th Christmas Ale yummmmmmmm.

For not knowing much, you grabbed some tasty beverages. Kick back and enjoy! Just remember how strong they are ...

Working my way through a Southern Tier Compass bomber right now. For a beer that I bought in the winter from the "new" shelf", exceptionally surprised. Fairly light with a nice citrusy finish. ST calls it a Spring-Summer seasonal - I'll agree. This will be perfect once the weather stops being so crappy.

-- Ravensfire

I've got a buddy who told me to get the Hopslam. It's really great. I know I like good beer but damn it's hard to figure out what the hell is out there.

Thanks Jim. It's a good day here. I'll take it.

Is private beer barrel selection even an option?! If so feck bourbon.

It is. Sporadically. I'll grab you some next time I get it in.

Eta: you should've gone to Beer Trappe tonight. They had ZD, Permanent Funeral, and Hopslam on tap. That's pretty epic hops right there.

Edited by MyOldKyDram

It is. Sporadically. I'll grab you some next time I get it in.

Eta: you should've gone to Beer Trappe tonight. They had ZD, Permanent Funeral, and Hopslam on tap. That's pretty epic hops right there.

I actually went to the Beer Trappe to pick up a 6 pack of Hopslam and that's where I had the ZD. I was there around 7:45.

I have tried several of the Ola Dubh's to include the Ola Dubh Special Reserve 1991 vintage and although they are nice so far I haven't found enough that is distinctive about them to warrant the fairly pricey cost. Will be curious to hear what you think.

Distinctive, viscous, and overpriced. Only got a bit of the barrel influence, probably because it's well-integrated.

Distinctive, viscous, and overpriced. Only got a bit of the barrel influence, probably because it's well-integrated.

Yes, sounds about right. I like the JW Lees Harvest Ale finishes (Port, Sherry, Calvados, Lagavulin casks) as well but they cost way too much to be worth it for me other than as an occasional splurge.

Ok to be a little more serious and on topic an Epic Sage Saison#10 tonight.This kind of blew me away not really my style and I spent a lot of time with this one try to wrap my head around it something new in every single sip,very complex and very damned good!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!