What beer are you drinking? Winter 13/14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Straight to Ale (Huntsville, AL) "Monkeynaut IPA. Big, billowing thick head upon pouring. The remnants are still clumped at the bottom of the glass for the last drink. Nicely drinkable. Moderate finish. All in all, a nice beer that I could see myself regularly going to.

Stone Stygian Descent. It is Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Black IPA aged in rye whiskey barrels. Very nice. The whiskey barrel aging has toned down the hops of the IPA, and bringing the malt to the forefront. Notes of sweet fruit (melon, peach), well-integrated with a spiciness from the rye whiskey barrel influence, transitioning into dark chocolate. The finish is a slight dark chocolate bitterness. Dangerously drinkable for an 11.6% abv beer, sold in a 500ml (16.9 ounce) bottle. A bit pricey (MSRP is $18), but so good I'm probably going back for another. It was a dark day for my wallet when Stone opened up a Company Store just 1 block down the street from my office.

That sounds pretty damned good!

Behemoth Barleywine for me tonight. Tasty caramel and bitter hops. Big girl.

This is what I'm drinking tonight thanks to anex u9a7abuj.jpg

Look for against the grains 70k if you like that one. Local to KY and world class. Draft only....for now :*>

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout last night. I forget just how good this is. Nothing earth shattering but a good fit to end Blizzard Mania 2014, part deux.

AtG Rico Sauvin tonight. Passion fruit and a big white wine character. Nice earthy bitterness. Not bad at all. Good to see these guys bottling more stuff. Think the Citra Wet Ass Down is next, followed by the 35K?

Been an IPA day so far. Started off with a Dogfish Head 60 minute, then a Bell's Two Hearted and splitting a New Belgium Rampart. Got a volleyball tournament tomorrow so I need the hops! :cool:

AtG Rico Sauvin tonight. Passion fruit and a big white wine character. Nice earthy bitterness. Not bad at all. Good to see these guys bottling more stuff. Think the Citra Wet Ass Down is next, followed by the 35K?

I know details but can't make public.

But you are on the right track.

Drinking some KBS bottled last year. Much, much better than the bottle from the same batch I had last Spring. Fresh, it was over-bearing, bringing all bitter, burnt aspects of chocolate and coffee to the fore. Now, the burnt parts have turned creamy while the chocolate and coffee is still monstrously assertive. I was able to grab a few last year, so I'm really looking forward to how this stuff improves with more age.

They make some really great beers. Wish they would bottle some though as they also have my least fave drinking space of any brewery/taproom in Lex. Still, summer growler fills from them are mighty nice.

Omnipollo Fatamorgana, an American style Imperial IPA from Sweden. She's an ugly, unfiltered thing, but shines everywhere else w crazy amounts of grapefruit and dank, herbaceous hops on the finish. Pretty great.

They make some really great beers. Wish they would bottle some though as they also have my least fave drinking space of any brewery/taproom in Lex. Still, summer growler fills from them are mighty nice.

I love that place. Nothing fancy but At least 10 of their own beers plus a bunch of guest taps. Prices can't be beat. Could use some in house food but they have a food truck most of the time.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!