What beer are you drinking? Winter 13/14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Next up was a Lagunitas Sucks.

Weird thick mouth feel on this one. Complaining about a lack of balance is odd for a hoppy beer but this one is all over the place with an odd funk on the finish.

I rate this as "happy I bought just one" :)

Introduced a few friends to some regular BCBS. Some loved it and some hated it. About what I expected out of the group...

Starting off the night with some West Sixth IPA.

So good. When the Arctic Vortex is gone ima have to get some more of this.

A long, hard day is cause to sit a spell with a Backwood's Bastard, and try and take the edge off...

That's a good edge taker offer for sure.

Getting colder and the freezing rain is coming down, so switched to some Founders IS. About as good an available stout you're likely to find.

I wish I could say I had something open tonight. We are going on a vacation in early March that requires some beach time, so I'm being a good partner and eating healthier with my wife to lose some weight.

Have one for me! :)

I've had too many beers in the last 10 days to remember any of them :D

Tonight I attended a four course pairing dinner featuring Edmund Fitz, West 6th IPA, Ayinger bock, and Founders Breakfast. Came home to a Rochefort 10 and a Phin & Matt's Extraordinary Ale.

Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel. Coffee and oatmeal stout. Tasty stuff.

A disappointment was the Lazy mag BBN brl aged southern pecan. Good news is that it was recalled by my distributor and refunded.

Vienna Lager by Devils Backbone. One of the few beers I like year-round. AND, at 5% ABV . . .

Tried one of the Great Lakes Conway Irish Ales last night. Thought it was fine, I guess. Not really my style. The bar where we play team trivia finally got one of the local brews on tap, the Raj IPA. Pretty good, but nothing special about it. Better than the usual draft options though, so bottoms up.

Tried one of the Great Lakes Conway Irish Ales last night. Thought it was fine, I guess. Not really my style. The bar where we play team trivia finally got one of the local brews on tap, the Raj IPA. Pretty good, but nothing special about it. Better than the usual draft options though, so bottoms up.

Drink local, then they'll have to make more, eventually leading them to get better at it.

The quality of the beer isn't primarily related to their abilities as brewers, but more to the current state of taste in this town. When you're the only brewery in town and you're competing with Miller Lite and Bud Light drinkers at every turn, it's hard to get too far outside the box. Time will hopefully change attitudes.

The quality of the beer isn't primarily related to their abilities as brewers, but more to the current state of taste in this town. When you're the only brewery in town and you're competing with Miller Lite and Bud Light drinkers at every turn, it's hard to get too far outside the box. Time will hopefully change attitudes.

Sounds like all of the micro brews we have around here. All are typically good, well constructed beers, but are bland. One very popular beer around here is Fireman's 4 from Real Ale. It's just like a Budweiser.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!