What beer are you drinking? Winter 13/14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm drinking an Epic Big Bad Baptist, batch number 15.

Loving it as always. Batch 15 was released quite a while ago. The coffee and chocolate have faded a bit from when it was new; the flavors are really well integrated. It's rich and thick and delicious. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this batch was aged in Four Roses barrels. I know for sure that the coffee is from Caffè Ibis, who graciously provided me free drinks throughout my college career.

This might be the best beer that's brewed in Utah, and that's saying a lot.

Yes, I know it's almost 3 AM. Yes, I know this beer is something like 12% alcohol.

Still working on my keg of Mad Tree Galaxy High IIPA, great combination of juicy citrusy hops and dank earthy hops.

Honestly 120 is one of the worst beers I have ever tried. It has a place as a novelty but that is it.

I love the 120. Like drinking candied hops. Much more Barleywine than IPA, but I'm a fan.

My go-to lunch spot tapped Hopslam last week. Regrettably, the restaurant is closing in a week and a half. I have made it my duty to ensure that the keg is properly disposed of before the business shuts its doors.

My go-to lunch spot tapped Hopslam last week. Regrettably, the restaurant is closing in a week and a half. I have made it my duty to ensure that the keg is properly disposed of before the business shuts its doors.

You are Morally obligated to ensure it is finished.

I'm drinking my first hopslam of the year.... Amazing stuff.

To Øl Snowball Saison. Really hoppy for a Belgian beer, w good malt, fruit and a bit of funk. It's pretty great.

Starting off with my last Stone Enjoy by 2.2.14 and then moving on to bourbon or Springbank 15 or maybe Lagavulin 12 CS. Choices are great to have, and in this case, I can't go wrong.

Ballast Point Sculpin as I ride out Blizzard Mania 2014. More citrus-y grapefruit than bitter although certainly some bitterness. I guess the style is just not my cup of tea. Maybe works a bit better on a hot summer day. That said I picked up a six of Hopslam to compare to the ones I put back last year for just this purpose.

Also got a pleasant surprise when I got a couple of 4 packs of the Bourbon County Barleywine. Hadn't really expected that to show up in town.

Ballast Point Sculpin as I ride out Blizzard Mania 2014. More citrus-y grapefruit than bitter although certainly some bitterness. I guess the style is just not my cup of tea. Maybe works a bit better on a hot summer day. That said I picked up a six of Hopslam to compare to the ones I put back last year for just this purpose.

Also got a pleasant surprise when I got a couple of 4 packs of the Bourbon County Barleywine. Hadn't really expected that to show up in town.

Long, but very fruitful week. Hopslam to start the weekend.

Frustrating day at the (home) office, so it's an early start with a Southern Tier Iniquity. Black as my heart is right now - perfect!

-- Ravensfire

Edited by Ravensfire
durn spelling errors ...

Frustrating day at the (home) office, so it's an early start with a Southern Tier Iniquity. Black as my heart is right now - perfect!

And to follow that up, a Schlafly American IPA as the temperature drops and the mist falls into ice. There's no way I'm going anywhere tonight!

Ommegang Hennepin while good maybe a bit pedestrian now onto an Epic Hopulent provided for my disposal by a more than thoughtful SB'er!:grin:

Vaesel Brunch, a collab between mikkeller and Amagher Bryghus. Basically two Danish stouts blended. One being Mikkeller's beer geek brunch weasel and the other Mr Fredrikson. Mmm shit beer.

Starting the evening w some Hopslam. Not sure what's up to bat next.
I did my daily duty with a few Hopslam on tap at lunch. Hopslam! It's what's fer... drinkin!
I guess I might as well follow suit.......so I drank two back to back!

Sixpoint Hi-Res. Feckin candied fruit bomb Imperial version of their Resin. Just so juicy!

Night our with the better half in Louisville. Dinner at loop 22. Virtue the mitten BBN barrel aged cider.

Holy Grale had a shelton brothers party. Cantillon iris.

de-molen-hel-verdoemenis-aged-in-wild-turkey-barrels amazing

I took a trip to the local pick a six store to get a few bottles to expand my beer horizons.

Super bowl prep started with a Smitten by Bell's. Dangerously drinkable and a certain re-buy (glad I doubled up this time)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!